Green Stuff in my seedling

I recently moved to CO so I am still learning the environment differences coming from Texas.

I have four seedlings sprouted. Yesterday, I notice that one had a lime green spot on the Rapid Rooter I used to sprout. Today it looks a little bigger than a small spot.

Any idea what it is ? How to treat ? Will it affect other sprouts ?

Thanks!!!

IMG_0870|374x500

1 Like

I don’t know about CO, I live in OR and when I use rooting cubes, I sometimes get that moss growing on the surface. I usually just spray it with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to take care of it. I don’t know if the moss is harmful or not.

When I don’t over water, less chance of moss.

2 Likes

I get it also. So far hasn’t been an issue.

1 Like

That makes sense!! A couple of my clones I bought at a clone shop here had similar green on top and they are flourishing now.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

I am really good to let them dry before watering. I just watered this morning hence the reason they look so wet.

1 Like

Excellent…here in the Northwest, moss is everywhere! My yard has a 6" thick carpet of moss under all of the giant fir trees.

1 Like

My perlite on the surface in the coco turns pretty green also. Looks like algae to me.

2 Likes

Algae is a better term this stuff…thanks @Watt-Sun.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I feel a lot better knowing the girls are ok.

We didnt have much moss/algae in Texas since it was so freaking hot.

1 Like

It’s definitely algae. Can happen if you water your plants a little too frequently or humidity is a little too high. Happens to most of us lol

2 Likes

@paulcrf those are photoperiods?I hope my kind soil works out half as good!

Yes that was a ILGM White Widow photo plant and I’m sure you will get similar results
Two things I found important

1. find a water source with a natural PH level of 6.5 to 7. I have to use distilled and while pricey it works
  2. don’t water to runoff and this isn’t difficult it just takes some practice
    Then just provide the environment they like sit back and enjoy
    I am not good at the journal thing but I have started a Strawberry Cough that I plan on scrogging
1 Like