• PH of Water never tested
  • 20-20-20 nutrients
  • Indoor
  • Light system: sunlight and 100w bulb
  • Temps; Day: 22-23 Night: 22-23
  • Humidity; ~50%
  • Ventilation system; Yes
  • AC

Hi, I have 2 pink kush plants and both have purple stems, but the smallest one started to have like light green spot on it since I added only one time nutrients in the water. So my question is what should I do with the green spots and why the stems are purple ? Sorry for my bad english

The spots could just be genetic or over spray of water which bleached a little. Nothing I see alarms me much. The stem also looks genetic so nothing to worry about.
Purple stems usually is magnesium so 1/4 tsp Epsom’s salt per gallon of your water if you want to hedge bets and treat for it.
Otherwise I think for now you are fine.
I hope when you say, “Never tested water for pH” means you don’t test pH until you put in nutrients. pH is a must for MJ. Flower soil might mean a lot of different things too. Store bought soil with nutrients like Miracle Grow can be an issue.
And welcome to the forum. Great place to learn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I never tested ph and never balanced because all of my friends told me thats they never had any problems in many years without testing ph ( my friends live in the same city as me ). Plus, my soil is normal soil that you buy in any garden center. Just so you know, it is my first grow and my plan is to transplant into the fields when corn will be higher. Since it is my first grow, I don’t want to buy for 1000$ of stuff and then my plants died because of a mistake I did. So that is the main reason why I didn’t buy ph tester. For now I will only buy bloom fertilizer and CalMag since I already have 20-20-20 for vegetative stage.

Got ya. ph doesn’t matter until it does! A meter can be had off amazon for $13
https://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Measurement-Household-Drinking-Hydroponics/dp/B0861MJQ31/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=ph+meter&qid=1591401467&sr=8-13

If pH swings one way or another out of range you start running into deficiencies due to “lock out” of nutrients. pH for regular soil is 6.2-6.5 or so. A small investment can really save you later on.
Plant soils like Miracle Grow can cause nutrient burn in plants because they release nutes every time you water and it is designed more for flowers so pH will drop low also and can be an issue.
A good plan is to start a grow log here so you can ask for help just like you did here for the same grow over time. A lot of good people will come in to help.
Sunlight through windows can get filtered and loose some energy.
You might want to search the forum for lighting questions and you will see a lot of threads on it.
I know all of the information can be overwhelming and things can get expensive quick. There are a few ways to keep costs down for a while. (Using T5 lights, several CFL lights etc)
Hang in there and ask for help if you think you need any. No doubt others will join with thoughts on lights, indoor grow tents and more.

BTW
Common deficiencies are Calcium and Magnesium. Your CalMag has it covered and you can buy Epsom’s salt which is magnesium sulfate to help with magnesium if you need a boost. 1/4 tsp per gallon does the trick.

I know I should, but ph down and ph up are pretty expensive for the quantity there is in the bottle. Is there any “home made” ingredients that I can use ?

I’ve heard a lot of people use baking soda for ph up and apple cider vinegar for ph down… also heard that using apple cider vinegar can make your bud taste bad but never happened to me I’ve had to use vinegar several times with no ill effects that all depends on how much you have to use as well

I wouldn’t worry about purple stems, a lot of people have them.

Hi I have a question my plants look like this I have no clue what it is there autoflowers I’ve been using the grow micro bloom advance nutrients line it’s been almost 2 months since it sprouted

I’m not sure what I am seeing here. Let’s call in some other help @DankBudss
Any thoughts @peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 ?

2 Likes

Looks like maybe too many of some nutrients and not enough of other’s , which leads me to think your ph is out of wack…
Are you using cal-mag also…?
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

That sounds like a reasonable diagnosis @peachfuzz . PH is a big deal if it is too high or low it locks out calcium etc.
The spots could indeed be from that.

2 Likes

It’s alot harder to diagnose the problem with little info other than a picture…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

True! Hey @DankBudss can you fill this info out?

Strain?
Photo or Auto?
Soil in pots?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix?
Indoor/Outdoor?
Light system, size?
Temps;
Humidity;
Ventilation system;
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Helps us a lot because we don’t have to take forever to pull out all of the necessary information. Provides a snapshot of where you are.

2 Likes

Ok hey guys my phone was broke and but I awnser Ed those question above
Strain critical mass Auto
In 7 gallon pots regular pots
I have the AN ph perfect trio
I usually use tap and adjust it to 6.4
Indoor
Mars hydro led 24 hours on
Temps 75
Humidity 35
No humidifiers

I just started using ca mag when they got sick it seem to help only 2 of my plants I’ll post more pics today

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys it’s my first official grow