Green Kush first timer

This is a Green Kush (not an auto) and it is my first ever. To me she looks healthy. This is 3.5 weeks after breaking through the soil. I topped her three days ago and there’s lots of new growth. Should I be doing some pruning or something? Light cycle is 20 on and 4 off, growing in Happy Frog, and watering when the moisture meter shows deep soil to be getting dry.

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. If u would fill out the support ticket below, it would help answer your questions

1 Like

Here is one that you can copy and paste
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

Give autos a light touch with defoliating.
Leaves touching soil either dig out the soil for a gap or remove the leave.
Its a mold risk touching the dirt.
Later once you get buds you may want to remove a few for good airflow to prevent bud rot.
The more leaves you keep the better.

Welcome to the community and nice job on the topping and excellent 1st start. Her node spacing looks pretty tight. Those are your branches growing off the main. What lighting are you using? You can get them to stretch a little by raising your light with that said it depends on what lighting and if it’s sufficient enough to do this. Happy Frog is a great medium and only needs water PHd to 6.5 for 4-5 weeks and water enough to get about 20% to run out the bottom. Do you have a TDS and PH pen? Tell me some of your set up, intake, exhaust,fans to move air in the tent, RH and temps :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Welcome to the show!

Dump that moisture meter.

Start lifting you plant by the container. When it feels light… water and/or feed. It takes getting a “feel” for the weight of your container. Trust me. Start lifting it everyday. And kind of lightly swing it by the top or lip to feel the weight. When its dry it will feel very, very light. Lighter than you can imagine right now. For me, the top soil was dryer than a popcorn fart before it felt light enough.

These plants like to be watered in the drought and flood method.

3 Likes

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) Green (Crack) Kush -Sativa
-Age of plant 3.5 week since breaking through soil
-Method: Happy Frog Soil
-Vessels: Plastic 5 gal container
-PH and TDS of Water, N/A
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution N/A
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor 2x3 AgroMax tent in bedroom with A/C
-Light system GrowBright SS-1000 LED, 105 watt Full spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule 20 on 4 off
-Temps; Day 81, Night 76
-Humidity; Day 40%, Night55%
-Ventilation system; Yes, GrowBright 170cfm with carbon filter, 6 inch fan near air intake port of tent
-AC,house AC only
-Co2; No

1 Like

Looks healthy to me. I myself wouldn’t prune yet, others may disagree.

You are very near the upper edge for temperature at 81°. It obviously is not a problem now; but our gonna wanna watch it for heat stress.

Happy growing!

1 Like

Yes, I have the Vivosun ph and TDS meters. I guess I have been stingy with the water to avoid over-watering. I haven’t given enough water to have any run-off yet. How much water would I need to put in a five gallon pot of Happy Frog to get 20% run-off, or am I not reading this right.

Just pour it in slowly until it starts to run out. You can not over water ur plants with a single application. 1 gallon or 20, FF soil is made to drain as long as you have enough drain holes or proper grow bag.

However, you can over water with multiple light waterings. Remember, drought and flood.

I’m using a 5 gal plastic pot that has drain holes but I also placed some river rocks and perlite on the bottom couple of inches to aid in drainage. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

I have an adjustable output on the light. I raised the light once hoping to get her to start stretching but I can tell no diff. Should I lower the output to 75% to maybe enhance stretching? I can only go a few more inches in moving the light physically.

1 Like

I put rocks in the bottom of my buckets too. I think it helped…

I don’t grow in soil any longer, but I like to assist when I can. I moved to DWCR.

I’m excited for you. The first grow is very nerve wracking and so much fun.

Looks good to me! I’m growing green crack right now too, mine are just babies, but I hope they look as good as yours do soon–good luck!!

2 Likes

Your plant looks great! Nice tight nodes. I had no luck with this strain I have seen many versions of this one. The original was 65 percent Sativa and I learned quick it was a big time stretcher during preflower, so be prepared for some stretch depending on genetics and Sativa percentage.

I have tried several versions of Green Crack and found none of them to be stable, this strain like Gorilla Glue herms bad in my experience. I have yet to try the ILGM version. It’s prone to get powdery mildew outdoors due to its Skunk #1 genetics.

Do you have a light meter or the PHOTONE APP? I set my light by the manufacturer’s recommendation then use my light meter to get the DLI and coverage Fornrhw growth stage :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:point_up_2: @Mrnytro

1 Like

I used the app and adjusted my light to the highest position and the app says I am good. I guess the light was a little high where it was. Thanks.

1 Like

Better pix

2 Likes

Right on Growmie, nice and healthy looking :love_you_gesture: