Green Gelato (Thin Mint Cookies X Sunset Sherbet)

Thanks but these plants are already tied out as they are only about 4-6 inches tall from the ground and 18-24 inches wide. These plants will get defoliated in a short time after they start to show some rapid growth again…

May 16th. Foliage spray of Ca/Mg 2 ml/1.5 liters water.

May 17th. Plants seem to be taking having a growth spurt with heavy strong foliage. Flat canopy and plants starting to turn vertical at outside perimeter of their tubs. Will plan to defoliate these plants by next weekend.

May 21st. defoliated the four plants. Not sure as to how much to take off the plants at this time so I left about 40-50 % of the leaves on the plants above the bifurcations and pruned off any suckers below the main bifurcations leaving me with 8 sites on 2 plants and 16 on 2 plants. The growth spurt was big in the last week and the plants and are now horizontally covering the tubs surface and being allowed to have vertical growth now. Will wait this next week to see them recover and then put them out side in their tubs if the temp at night stays warm. Pics to follow……

1 Like

May 24th. Pic of all four plants the 2 on the right are manifolded to 8 bud sites and the 2 on the left are manifolded to 16 bud sites a couple of days ago. Will let them now grow vertically as they are now covering their tubs which are about 24 inches long. The plant in the back left has thinner stems than the others and the leaves are a little bit thinner in appearance. The plants will be set outside in their tubs next week in a sheltered area to get accustomed to sunshine.

2 Likes

May 26th. Gave all four plants 1/ 2 gallons PH 6.58 water ea. and 2-5-1 Fish and Kelp emulsion 60 ml. in 2 gallons of water and divided that to ½ a gallon ea. also. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am not over doing it with the nutrients since these tubs have amended soil in them….

May 28th. Heavy trimming to all four plants as they are now growing fast and a couple are almost at the top of the hoops. Just seen some info on Fluxing and may give it a go on the next grow…

May 29th. Had frost yesterday and hesitant to put plants outside just yet. More pictures of the plants post heavy pruning and showing the organized symmetrical shape of the plants from manifolding. Their height is just below the hoops now but growth is now fast and encouraged to be vertical to a goal of 20-24 in. before the 12/12 switch.We sould be at the goal height in about 3 weeks and then to 12/12. Found various info on Fluxing which sounds interesting and up for consideration next time. Fluxing appears to be just a continuation of manifolding?

May 30th. Foliar spray of Ca/Mg 2ml. in 1.5 litres given to all four plants just because. Mixed up another batch of Compost tea using 2 cups EWC and ½ cup Molasses in 4 gal H20 and plan on using it next time I water plants in about a week. Plants are about 12-18 in. horizontal growth and about 5-8 inches vertical growth. Lights are set at 22-24 inches high. Also ready to start tying stems to hoops in the next week. I enjoy the veg stag of these plants as it is relatively problem free but it is the flowering stage that gave me issues last time and sort of looking forward to flowering again and see if the nutrients and super soil addresses this blip.

1 Like

June 1st. Plants give Mg/Ca foliage spray. Given 1/2 gal. water PH 6.3 ea.
June 4th. The girls are outside for some fresh air. Seem to be coming along well and are about ½ the height for what I am shooting for of 20-24 in., they will get another trimming in the next week and also tying to the top hoop.
A couple of the four plants look very similar to each other and more robust in growth and one appears more Indica and one more Sativa in leaves and physical structure.

1 Like

June 6th. All 4 plants given approx. ½ gal. PH’d water @6.6. Securing plants to the peony ring top hoop. Plants look like they are close to having Fan leaves groomed/thinned again. Last grow of Green Crack was put into flower at about 4 months veg. These plants are now approximately 3 months into Veg and at the top of their support rings so they are about 12-14 in. tall and suspect in the next 2 weeks I will put them into flower which would put them about 1-2 weeks earlier than last grow. Thoughts are these plants are earlier because a combination of this varieties aggressive growth and the improved nutrient/grow medium used. I have abandoned the thoughts of putting these plants outside, and will just continue the inside grow even though it increases the overall cost. However there is less risk of outside elemental hazard such as sun burn which would retard their growth prior to putting them into flower in the next couple of weeks.

June 7th. The plants are all growing quickly now. Trimmed up all four plants and they look a lot different now. The eight main node plants look like they are going to be easier to control than the 16 node plants. The larger 16 node plant has a few spindly stems that may need cutting out in the future but we will see in the next couple of weeks as I plan on putting them into flower when they reach 20-24 in. tall (some are at 16 in. now).

1 Like

June 9th. All four plants given ½ gallon compost tea and water 50/50.
June 10th. Plants are 15-16 in. tall and so they need to grow 8-9 in. before I turn them onto 12/12 lighting which I think will be by the beginning of next week.
June 12th. Watered with PH 6.7 ½ gal. each.

Getting close to switching to 12/12. They are growing quickly now.

2 Likes

June 15th. Tallest plants about 20in. tall and all the plants will get one more trimming soon as the canopy is getting thick again and I will set lighting to 12/12 next week. Watered with 50/50 water and compost tea about a ½ gallon ea.
June 17th. watered plants with compost tea again about ½ gallon each.
June 18th. Trimmed plants and put into darkness tonight for 30 hours then 12/12 flower mode.

A couple pics of same plant after trimming and before will put into 30 hours darkness tonight.

1 Like

June 20th. Put 12/12 into play this morning with 99 days of veg. Now on to flowering, it’s the next hurdle. Last grow with Green Crack was 120+ days in Veg mode. So this grow is 20+ days shorter with bigger plants. Sprayed Ca/Mg foliar feed 2ml/1 Lt.

June 21st. Two table spoon full of Rock Phosphate and one cup full of top dressing raked into the top of growing medium. Watered with ½ gallon of PH 6.6 H20.

June 22nd. Put up 2nd Peony hoop around ea plant for future support as they are growing quickly and I expect them to start their stretch soon now.

When arranging the plants today I noticed one to have a split at the base so I taped it up and put a electric tie around the split. It so far doesn’t look worse for wear…

June 23rd. Foliar spray of Mg/Ca given for no reason. Plants look good and the split stock plant is holding up. Ok spraying the Mg/Ca and rock Phosphate may not be such a good idea as on plant four I have noted 3-4 leaves with brown tips and some serrations browned which I think is Nutrient burn starting. I cut off the leaves so I could tell if it is continuing to spread and it is on only one plant………

June 25th. Only one more leaf on plant #4 with min browning to leaves. A look at the plants and #2 looks a deep green in color so I suspect it is a Na surplus. Plans as to only H20 from now on unless I see a deficiency. Thoughts on twisting the stem tops of these plants around the last hoop as they are growing fast and it would give them another 12 or more inches of vertical growth but that would be horizontal as these are growing scary fast and lush.

June 26th. I think #2 plant is showing the very first pistils this morning. Plant #2 still appears very dark green and I still have thoughts that this is Na overload. No further browning to leaf tips on plant #4.

June 27th. Small amount of fan leaf trimming to leaves that were blocking light from flower/bud sites. Plants look good with no further browning to leaves on #4. Pistils showing up on #1,2,3 but #4 not. Given Molasses 2 tbs. in 2 gal. ½ gal per plant @ 6.6PH plan to add Molasses every watering till 2 weeks before harvesting.

About 10 days into 12/12 and I think they are showing some of their Sativa genetics in their stretch.

1 Like

July 1st. Light trimming to plants of fan leaves and small stems/buds on lower part of plant. Watered with 1.5 Tbs. Molasses in 2 gallons H20 with @ a PH of 6.74, ea. plant received ½ gallon. Plant #4 was lifted another 2 in. as it keeps to its Indica structure and slower growth than the other 4 plants. The stretch should be over by the 3rd week of July( July 20th.) At the present rate of growth that would give me another 10-12 in growth to deal with which is OK and I have enough room. Plan on removing lower leaves below buds till the 3rd week of flower July 13th.
July 3rd. H20 2 gal PH 6.5, ea plant received approx. 0.5 gallon. Foliar spray of Mg/Ca given. Plants are stretching and appear as Sativas in structure with the tallest plants over the Peony hoops by 8-10 in.
July 8th. H20 PH 6.8 2 gal/4 plants.
July 9th. Trimmed up the plants for last time at 3 weeks into flower. Florets getting larger and more pistils now.
July 10th. Well 30 days into the 12/12. Given ½ gal of water to each plant with 2 tbs molasses in 2 gallons. The stretch is probably somewhere around ½ per day and I am hoping they stop their stretch in 2-3 weeks. The budlets seem to be further apart than the last Indica dominant hybrid I grew as the spacing in between nodes is larger.
July 10th. Pics. First pic is to compare the stretch to the last pics. The Budlets are now showing some Trichones on the sugar leaves.

2 Likes