Green dragon tincture

From a fellow grower: Could I get an opinion on Green Dragon tincture? There’s 190 proof alcohol in each dose? Does the alcohol lose strength?

2 Likes

Never heard of green dragon tincture. Regular tincture, at least in my limited experience, the alcohol does not lose it’s strength.

1 Like

The alcohol won’t lose its strength. At the same time though, what I’ve ever seen in print says at minimum one dropper full should be considered a “dose” so it’s not like you’d get a drunk from the alcohol.

1 Like

I’ve been making “green dragon” tincture for my friends that grow for about 5 years. If you’re worried about consuming the alcohol, it can be cooked off to some degree if you cook with it. My buddy puts the tincture in his boiling water when making tea. He’s a recovering alcoholic and doesn’t want to taste the booze. I guess it works for him.

1 Like

I’ve done several Green Dragon Tinctures. The alcohol is still there. It does burn if you do 1/2 dropper straight under tongue. Mix with a little warm drink (coffee/tea) and swish around a bit before swallowing. My longest was a second wash of 7 months. Pretty potent.

When you say a 2nd wash. How long did you have them soaking the first time?

I have made Green Dragon Tincture.

I use pure Ethenol.

This stuff:

2oz of dope
2 cups of Ethanol

Bake 2oz of broke up dope on a baking sheet at 245 for 40 to 60 minutes. Mix it up every 15 minutes to get an even decarb.

Let it cool a bit.

Stuff it in a quart mason jar.

Pour in 2 measured cups of Ethanol and screw on the top. Tight.

Shake it for a minute. Let it sit for a few minutes, shake some more. Let it sit… do this until all the dope is in the Ethanol.

Store in a cool dark place for 21 days, shaking the crap out of it for 30 seconds or so, twice a day.

It will look like crap and smell worse! :rofl:

Time to strain…

I put a coffee filter in a mason jar and charge it with 1 or 2 ml of Ethanol. Dont shake ur juice. Pour it into filter until there is a bit left above the plant matter. Let is strain. Replace the filter with a new one and charge it.

Put the rest of the juice and plant material in a French Press and use it to strain the juice out into the new filter.

You do lose about 1/2 a cup in the plant material.

Store in a cool dark place… or freezer it. It will last a LONG time.

Start small with doses. Like 5ml.

*you can use Everclear or like product. You can not get great results with lesser proof liquors. The higher the proof the better.

It should be SUPER dark after filtered. Mine actually look purple.

3 Likes