Green Crack and Strawberry Cough Grow Journal hi

Hi all,

I wanted to share with you my journey… Here is days one and two: feminized Green Crack and feminized Strawberry Cough from ILGM.

Day 1 morning vs afternoon:

Day 2:

5 Likes

Nice looks like they are sprouting nicely

Nice clear pictures.

Welcome to the forum. Over watering. Let the soil dry out a bit before watering again. There are little to no roots yet to absorb all that water.

1 Like

Exactly. I use a clear solo cup as a dome and mist the dome with distilled water for the first two weeks. If I ever add water to the media it’s like a teaspoon or so. As stated; seedlings derive most of their moisture through the leaves until a taproot develops at 10 to 12 days.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see my babies open up the soil

Thank you @Covertgrower and @Myfriendis410. I was misting the top soil but will definitely stop. I appreciate the help, this is my first grow starting from a seed, my other plants were given to me at about 3 weeks. I’m learning as I go by reading and with the gracious help of you all!

3 Likes

Day 3:

Good growth today, I did mix up the soil (carefully) with some fresh soil since it was kind of saturated. But all ladies seem to be happy. One was leaning slightly, but straightened her out by moving the soil a little…

2 Likes

You can bury the stems a bit to help support them and may want to think about bringing your light down a bit closer to reduce stretching. Looks great!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think my light is as low as I can get it. I only have about an inch clearance between my top clear cup and my light. Do I need to keep them on a heating pad at this point?

1 Like

I also did bury them a little when I added some dry soil to the top. Thank you for your help @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Yeah; run the heat mat for another few days. What light will you be using when they get going? You may want to deploy that light at 30" or so, depending.

1 Like

Right now, I am using two seedling lights that I picked up at the store. I’ve been shopping hard for a new light but am on a very limited budget right now. They seem pretty happy for my moment.
Day 4:

Day 5:

Strawberry Cough

Green Crack

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi all, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted an update on the ladies. The last set of photos were right after my top cups had blown off in the night and the leaves of the plants dried a bit. They have been struggling since then, but are still alive, one of the green crack ladies is really taking off. They are two weeks exactly from start of germination. Do you think they will make it?
Green Crack

Strawberry Cough