Green beams lights what’s your view?

Damn, that’s some intense climate adaptation efforts! Gotta do what works in your climate, sounds like you got that down.
On the side of my indoor grows, I’m in the slow process of figuring out what strains do best with my climate. I’m in New Mexico, so (not Quite as extreme) but similar summers, long and hot,
With very cold but short winters. Can flower into early December outdoors lol
Just like where you’re at, summer sun is intense. My happiest outdoor plants have been in a homemade greenhouse with filtered sun and more humidity than the air outside has.

She gave about 2.5 lbs that I kept, left a bunch on the plant cuz I couldn’t/wasn’t willing to get through it all since it was trash genetics and really not worth the effort.
Now I’ve got 3 bags stuffed with junk I don’t want lol

2 Likes

I make shatter/crumble and butter regularly so I keep everything they offer me. We help out friends that can’t afford dabs :slight_smile: i can move stuff out during the day right now for a bit of a boost but it’s still getting chilly some nights. And I don’t wanna build a greenhouse quite yet.

White widow has been superb outdoor here. Along with humbolts strawcherry cheesecake I only chose Humbolt seed co cuz cali sun tolerance. I’ve also had luck with afghan kush since it hails from a hot dry region as well. These are just opinions on what worked here.

3 Likes

I’m doing the same with my citrus trees currently haha, might as well, pretty used to hauling around 5g buckets lately.

That’s prettymuch how it’s been here lately in the day, night time shows us is winter, getting down into the 20s.

Ooo!
Yes I’ve heard white widow to be pretty temperature tolerant.
The next group I’m growing is something Graysin bred, it’s a cross of White widow and Wedding cake,
Which in my experience also seems very tolerant and strong. I threw a runt wedding cake seed in my greenhouse and it thrived. Gave it zero attention cuz I had too much to work on, and it gave some nice dense buds.

I think the Afghani lineages are popular in our kind of climates for that reason. I met a rancher guy around here with his garden out in prettymuch a sandy field of weeds, yet it was thriving haha. And when he listed the strains it was all Afghan sounding words that I didn’t recognize.

3 Likes

I own two of the 240s and love them! I grew a run of five assorted autos this year under them and got 22 oz. (Three small, one big, one very big.)

You’ll be pleased with them, I’m sure of it.

3 Likes

Forgot to show.

GG4 - 8 oz

GSCE - 7 oz

LSD - 2 oz
And two Blueberry Glues that made up the rest.

5 Likes

Those look beautiful!!! I seen you trimmed while still in the plant?! Looking for suggestions for my upcoming dry. Running between 40-50% RH and 73°-78°F. Should I wet trim. Kind of wet trim. Dry trim. Trying to slow the dry down from last time but not so much that it invites mold. Any input is always greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is ready for a new start new year!!!

3 Likes

It should be. The only thing I can say about anything I breed is that it’ll be drought resistant :joy: cuz I leave my plants on the brink of death often.

4 Likes

If it has samsung diodes and a meanwell driver you will find its actually a good light specially if its coated over the board i brought a cheap light like that and my results are amazing i believe that you will be right with this light ,but if ur not sure have a look for reviews on this light. These are my girls at 26 days

1 Like

Sounds like the climate here I was dealing/struggling with this fall.
I tried wet trimming but everything dried too fast, had to go back and forth from grove bags to re-hydrate then dry again etc,.
Figured out a cardboard box was useful.
Depending how big of a harvest, hang branches in it and keep it closed, the leaves and such will raise humidity.

2 Likes

I read nearly your entire journal and many of your posts and am so highly impressed with the knowledge you share, you as well as nearly all I’ve encountered here are wonderful people. How would one go about obtaining what you breed? I’m not 100% on what’s allowed and not allowed here and don’t want to violate any rules if I can help it. Thank you for your input kind sir!

6 Likes

It has Samsung LM301B and Epistar 660nm a 240w HLG Meanwell driver a remote mount 15mm finned 6063 grade aluminum Heatsink w 8’ cord between heatsink/led fixture and driver (for mounting driver away from lights, rated at 2.7umol/j 0-100% driver adjustment (dimmable). Company says it’ll cover 4x4 veg and 3x3 flowering. Using it in a 2x4 area 2 well trained plants at a time! All for $176 shipped!
I can’t find a ppfd map for it anywhere, I’m sure it’ll come with one.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure they Don’t from GB O.O I was curious so I looked a while back.
It’s one of the things that sealed the deal for me when I was first looking haha
Every other company especially on Amazon is throwing ppfd map pics all over with theirs next to the competitor etc, and it’s typically bias and not from a neutral party.

Like I love my cheapy Amazon Viparspectra 150w for supplementing the veg tent, but id bet if I took readings it would be half what they claim.
I think GB is a pretty small company, always been the same dude when I’ve emailed them etc, very straightforward and no “fluff” like the corporate Chinese companies on Amazon have.

1 Like

Your room looks gorgeous by the way! :heart_eyes:
Can’t wait to see those harvested.

2 Likes

Ur plants look great i would love to have that light you have now ,mine is 280watts from the wall mine is a quantum LED board light

2 Likes

Lol you aren’t going to believe me but… right now those plants are under Amazon cheapos that I am super impressed with actually. Those 2 plants are under 2 of these running 80% at 14” away believe it or not.

What’s crazy is I looked into buying another yesterday for the veg room that’s fixing to happen and they were still available, and today they’re gone! The ppfd map says it runs 790ppfd max in the center at 12” I used a friends photometer and it measured 900+ppfd where I have it set. I checked on Photone and it too read around 900ppfd at my current setting when measured at the canopy. You can see it with the 100w vander life next to it in this pics… unless you guys aren’t talking about my plants and someone else’s… thatd be embarrassing lol

2 Likes

I haven’t received my GB240 yet, it should have shipped this evening.

2 Likes

Someone was saying they ordered and shipping is delayed due to family emergency

2 Likes

That was me :wink:,

1 Like

Have you checked how many watts it draws from the wall cause my light was supposed to be a 240watt but it draws 280 watts from the wall you maybe surprised to find out that ur light actually draws around 120-130 watts from the wall it maybe more

BONTANNY BO-3000 LED Grow Light Samsung LEDs Dimmable 4X4ft Coverage Full Spectrum Waterproof Grow Lamp for Hydroponics LED Plant Growing Light for Indoor Plants Veg Flower 240w https://a.co/d/gSifI4H check this out bro its 240watt bar style light for $179