Greatest male actor ever

For me there are many many good actors and a few great ones
John Wayne or Steve McQueen are the best and I won’t pick one over the other :clapper::trophy:

2 Likes

Agreed. Add Clint Eastwood to the list!

Just watched El Dorado on tv the other day! That is a good one. Hadn’t seen it in years!

3 Likes

I think we are confusing the term great actor with favorite character.
For example a great character is the one clint Eastwood plays in every movie. Not saying it’s even a stretch for him to pull that off. It’s sort of a 2 dimensional character.
To me a great actor is someone who can make me forget they are acting and get a deep empathy with them.

2 Likes

How do you point to just one? I love John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen and others from that era. But what about De Niro? Ralph Fiennes? Daniel Day Lewis? Kevin Costner plays the same part every time, but it’s a GOOD part. Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday? Wow! What about Morgan Freeman? John Travolta? Keanu Reeves? The list is almost endless.

LEE MARVIN!!!

2 Likes

You guy’s got it all wrong…lol

Jack Nicholson, All Poncho and Robert DeNero are hands down the best of the best

Will

2 Likes

Sean Connery in the Untouchables… :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Yup forgot about him also Anthony Hopkins

Will

1 Like

Robert Duvall in any movie that he’s been in.

4 Likes

Samuel L. Jackson. Brando. James Stewart. Henry Fonda. George Clooney.

3 Likes

You win!!!

1 Like

No …he’s only naming want-a–b’s

Lmao

1 Like

My favorite actors are the greatest actors, that’s why they’re my favorite! :blush:
Sean Connery
Robert Duval
Samuel L Jackson
Leonardo DiCaprio (he’s young compared to the others but he’s a damn good actor)
Oh and Jack Nicholson. Love The Departed.

1 Like