Great White Shark, Black Domina, and Northern Lights - First grow

Are you keeping domes over them? I just mainly spray the dome and only spray the soil if needed. Because they still like it humid and warm. They will get there water from the humidity until roots get established. Even with the dome I try to keep high humidity in the tent. I just moved to this tent last night so apparently I need to adjust lol.

2 Likes

No, no domes. I had them in a humid tray until they popped up their heads but read they don’t need it after they sprout.

I was told to keep em domed until they get established with there feet under them. Let’s se if @elheffe702 will chime in.

3 Likes

I’m no expert on looking at a new plant under a microscope but what I think you are seeing is leftover from the birth and husk removal. Let’s see what happens when the leaves expand.

4 Likes

I agree with @Bubblehead on the last pic. she has her seed hull still on. She should open up and push it off soon. Your doing a great job. Oh how I love northern lights, great smoke! Just don’t over water. It’s very common to over water and probably the reason for most seedling casualties. Dropped by the stoner carrying it is probably up there too :joy: sorry, had to throw that in there…I’ve done the latter :grin:
How close is your light?

4 Likes

OK, thanks. I will look into a bit more and hopefully here @elheffe702 with give more insight.

I agree with the others. It looks like the hull is still on in the picture. Keep the dome on, and nature will do her thing. :v:

1 Like

@GreenJewels Ha ha, yes, with a mix of that, being a newbie, overly excited and the peat containers being top heavy, hence the spill on the kitchen bench and lost the first great white.:neutral_face: I now have them inside the other joined peat containers so they are a lot more stable…learned a lesson there! NL is the best.

1 Like

Thanks. I will give her a few ore days to strengthen up and hopefully she will grace us with her beauty!

Thanks. @elheffe702. Should I put the dome back on? They are in a small grow tent (30 x 30 x 40cm) and have been for the last week.

@Bubblehead. Thanks, I am hoping that is the case. Will find out soon.

Yes, it will help keep that hull, or what’s left of it, soft and wet, and help it come off the rest of the way so the leaves can open up.

2 Likes

I lost the great white shark seedling. :anguished: the leaves fell off where the seedling was dark close to the stem. I was a bit worried about this area.

Oh well the last GW seed germinated and now I am hoping that “third time lucky” will be the case. The other girls are looking terrible to so I have asked for help in the forum. Hopefully it can be sorted before I lose them too. :cry:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss :frowning: . We will need some more information to adaquately troubleshoot the issues. Let’s start with what light you have, how high above plants and how long is it on and off? What soil are they in? How often do you water?

Also if you fill out the info below it will be a big help.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have added as much info as I can, just need better pictures. A friend is coming over later to help out :slight_smile:

Just my opinion but I don’t think the light is a great one to start out for seedlings. If you can invest in a cheap T5 light and let it sit like 15 cm away from the tops or roughly 3 to 6 in it gets better light quality until they get a little bit bigger and then can be supported under your system. Also it’s good to keep the humidity up and if the plants are drying out spraying is definitely okay as that’s how it gets its water through the leaves in the beginning of its life however I would be focusing on giving it a small amount of water around the stem. Little bit of water on the stem every few days because the plant is only getting its water through the leaves then it’s not going to help it develop a great root system. Stable humidity and temperature will allow the roots to develop water a little bit around the stem and then like I said his system until they’re a little bigger increase in power and for what it appears your system to be between 18 to 24 from the top of the plant. Just guessing but it might help

1 Like

Thanks.
I agree as I think the girls had light burn. So confusing as I was told it is only a 60W compared to what it says it is…600W. I have since put them in a humid tray with my lamp and a 25w CFL globe. The best I can do at the moment until I sort something better out.
I thought my invention is pretty good for a 20 min set up. :laughing:

Fancy, hey

5 Likes

Whatever works! :+1:

4 Likes

Well that was a great experience! Every seedling has died. :frowning:
I am thinking it may have been light burn. They just kept wilting, going brown and soft until the whole seedling was brown.

burn

Just put my last three seeds in to germinate. Great white and 2 black domina.
I bought a new lamp for them so hoping this one is more gentle.

How far away would I need to have this one fro the seedling when they pop open?

• Light Source:LED Bulbs.
  • Model: Led Grow Light.(166Red+34Blue)
  • Wattage: 8W.
  • Base Type: E27.
  • Lumens: 1500LM.
  • Input Voltage: AC85-265V.
  • Lifespan : 50000 hours.
  • LED Quantity: 200pcs.
  • Voltage:85V-265V
  • Wire Lengh: 1.5M
  • Body Material:PVC.
  • Size:9.5cm/3.74inch x 8.2cm/3.23inch