GREAT FORUM! New Grower Question

I am new to growing am have read A LOT. I have a nice set up and seeds have sprouted and are a week old and looking good. My question: How long do I let them grow in vegetation(18/6 light) stage before I go to Flower (12/12 light) and Approx how long until harvest? Using feminized white widow strain.

Beginners luck I guess… But I did read alot and learn from others from this site. GREAT JOB BERGMAN!
Rex

7 Likes

Hey you found it! @growingwithtats Welcome to the forums!

What seeds specifically did you plant?

To get to the categories they are in the upper right corner to the left of your avatar. Click on the 3 parallel lines.

2 Likes

I’m new at this stuff too…Welcome …but don’t think you could find a better place !:relaxed:

3 Likes

YEAH! Thank you sir. I planted Feminized White Widow seeds.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree. Staff has been great👍

4 Likes

How much room do you have? WW can get pretty big if you want. I like medium sized plants which (barely) allows me to fit 3 plants in 24 square feet.

That’s a great choice and you’ll have some quality meds in no time.

You can veg for 3 weeks or 2 years if you wish. Flower for that strain is about 65 days.

3 Likes

Those are awesome plants!

So the question on how long to veg can depend on how much room you have, how many plants and the height of your tent and distance from the lights as well as how long your personally want to turn around your grow.

Why don’t you do a support ticket, that way we can get all the info we need to give you some ideas.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you
@growingwithtats

3 Likes

I agree, haven’t been here long myself but awesome community! You’re in pretty good hands with bob31 too.

4 Likes

@growingwithtats welcome to the forum. I grew some white widow, and highly recommend this strain. Easy to grow, and a decent yield. My best plant yielded I think around 90 grams wet. I vegged for 2 months, but you could go longer if you have more room.

1 Like

Welcome to the club @growingwithtats
Weeks 1-2 generally aee considered sprout /seedling stage
Weeks 4-6 are veg you can beg longer if you wanted
Then youll have a two week transitioning into flower
After you switch tour lights ro 12/12
Flower is when you see the firt sign of pistols

5 Likes

I am new and don’t understand what you mean “ 65 Day flowering time”

Does that mean to let it go under 12/12 for 65 days? Or seed to 65 day harvest? I don’t have understand the lingo yet.

1 Like

Once the plant is old enough (veg) doing a transition to flower using a shift in lighting to 12 / 12 will force this change. Depending on the plant and conditions, there is a 1 to 2 week transition to flower at which point you can expect the plant to mature in about 65 days. Give or take.

You can dictate the size of the plant based solely on how long you are willing to keep it in veg. I use a 16/8 light cycle which they love and respond well to and try to veg for 2 months, which gives me a manageable size and 1/2 to 3/4 pound of bud per plant. This is very doable! White Widow is a fantastic choice, so just wait until you see the colas on it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the informative reply!

So from the time the seedling comes up, It takes 2 months in veg and the another month in flower? This is my first grow and indoors too. I REALLY APPRECIATE your help!

1 Like

You could veg for as long as you want. Flower takes a little more than 2 months.

1 Like

Thanks again. I was so confused about a lot. I now know to be patient and expect a 3 to 4 month seed to harvest cycle.

I thought it was a 2 month process. DUH.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Quality takes time. If you have the room I would suggest tending a smaller number of larger plants. 2 is about right. You can devote the attention and time to them so that it becomes fairly automatic as you go. It’s amazingly enjoyable.

3 Likes

Well, this has been a test of patience and trial and error. As you can see by the photos, I almost burnt up a couple of new plants. I have them in a 2x2 grow tent and had too much light too close to them. (I think) Anyway, I moved my LED300w light up several inches (Now at 27") and went to a single LED300W light in the small tent. They perked back up nicely after a day.

I am building a bigger place for them to thrive and grow up nicely. The one in the back (Seedling) was started later than the other two. She will be ok.

Have a good one.

3 Likes

What size container are they in?

They look small for the size of your plants. When we see droopy leaves like that it is usually over / under watering or root bound @growingwithtats

1 Like

They are in small containers today buy I am transplanting them to 3-4 gal containers Monday when I get my bigger grow room set up. I think I over watered them too, now that you say that. Newbie mistake. At least the White widows are tuff! I think they will all be ok now that I have this board to get help and knowledge. I really appreciate everyone’s help, advice, and patience with the newbie.

3 Likes

sounds good, yes let them dry out and the transplant will do wonders for them! @growingwithtats Tag me like I tagged you when you update!