Greandal’s first log

Meanwhile in Heuckeswagen…

The factory of a company I worked for. 2m of water. Decades of oil and chemicals washing across the landscape. Animals dying. Schrecklich.

:honeybee:

1 Like

owie owie! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah it’s not good. Over the Ruhr dam for quite a while. The people are beside themselves. :honeybee:

Today’s state of affairs…

3 Likes

Holly cow that’s some run off!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s terrible there at the moment. This is not far from the flood footage on the air currently. A lot of friends in a bad situation. All alive thank goodness.

5 Likes

Yea mate that looks terrible, where in the world is that?

2 Likes

This is Hückeswagen Germany. In the western area of the Ruhr valley. The same latitude roughly as Belgium and I want to say about 120km from the Belgian border. There are current news stories on the networks showing flooding and collapsed buildings where people have died, which is why it’s on the news at all I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Ah gutted mate , Germany and Belgium are two of my favourite countries in Europe, add Holland and that’s my gene pool , will have a look on aljazer

3 Likes

i agree completely. have traveled in all three and great place to visit, great folks there.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Holland has flood control down! :joy: Yes I thoroughly enjoyed Belgium and every hectare of the Bergischland area. Saw most of it on a bicycle over several months.

3 Likes

Your girls look amazing Brother!!! :+1::+1::+1::+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks @Dman1969 :blush: If we can just get more :sunny:! :joy:

You’re tearing it up yourself I see. I have to get my show back on the road.

1 Like

Nice , I’ve only spent a few weeks in Belgium, based my self in Ypres , spent days upon days dragging my battlefield guide around the country side n making him stop at every pile of munitions I could spot , chatting to farmers and picking up shells and casings and trying to get into blown up bunkers , man I had a whale of a time . NZ custums crapped there pants checking my luggage lol had so many spent and failed fired casings ( I’d declared all but they were not prepared for my bag lol) cleared the area I was detained and questioned lol latter released and allowed all my stuff lol 8.5kg of brass lol

4 Likes

Brother you got your show on the road! And thank you for the kind words it’s deeply appreciated! :pray::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:
:giraffe::lips:

1 Like

I didn’t realize that was still possible. I have walked and ridden a lot of the wwii sites but I figured most of the Ypres battleground was still full of krupp ordinance. Well, obviously it is. :joy:

Geez it took balls to plow that up didn’t it?

1 Like

Oh I mean the Dank Dungeon follies brother! Will be growing a raft of different stuff. Spring and summer just pull me out of the house. No use trying to work the tents until September.

2 Likes

It was back early 2000s , and yip the guide had a worried look on his face the entire time , he was constantly reminding me of accidental finds and deaths , last day when he dropped me off he said I was the most stressful customer he has ever had but did enjoy the 4 days and needs a holiday lol

3 Likes

Ha yea just member, met a farmer whom had this shed where he stored and showed tourist like me his collection of dud mustard gas shells , that was a terrifying sight , just wall to wall of unexploded ordinance , honestly I didn’t stay in there long , got back in the car and Toons and I looked at each other and both said let’s go please lol

2 Likes

Headed down down to flower town…

Still lucky in my friends…

8 Likes