Granddaddy Purple 😈

First time grower here. This is 2 months and change of growing these beautiful granddaddy purple plants. Just put a trellis net on them. Any tips on what to expect over the next few weeks?

I plan on sending them into flower in about a week or so.

5 Likes

Welcome! Wish I could help but I’m new as well and have not done a scrog. There are a lot go great growers here so you’re in great hands but looks great to me!

1 Like

Here’s my advice, understanding that ultimately it’s your grow:

I’d remove the net. I’d wait until I was 3 weeks into flower, and then I would put the net back in and tie the limbs up/down to support the colas as they stack on weight.

It looks like your plants are pretty well-pruned and shaped to form a level canopy. I don’t think the net buys you that much, and the earlier you set the net the harder it is to extract the plant later.

That’s my opinion. I’m sure someone will present an argument to leave the net in place.

3 Likes

@KeystoneCops I see what you’re saying. Main reason I put the net there is because the plant on the right (named plant #1) was about 3-4 inches taller in some areas than plant #2, and no matter how much LST I did they never could get exactly even. I did this before flower so the lower height tops could make it to the level canopy before the taller tops could get any taller. So ultimately when I send them into flower there won’t be any tops that are overshadowing any other tops. I hope that makes sense.

3 Likes

@Caligurl thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

It’s unconventional to place two plants in the same net, for some of the reasons you identified. If you can’t open up the other side of that tent to access the plants, I suggest you use two nets on frames supported by the pot, rather than the tent. That way you have at least a chance of pulling a plant out to address issues.

3 Likes

Yeah I actually thought about that after I finished putting the net up, like damn they’re going to have to stay exactly where they are from now until harvest. But thankfully my tent does open up almost completely if I need to really get in there for something.

3 Likes

This is one of my GDP plants, about a week and a half into flower.

They seem to be highly resilient.
I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and an LED light.

Familiarize yourself with different water needs one of my girls suffered for a bit because I messed up and she wilted BUT she recovered strong once I got back on track.

Basically as long as you care for them well and monitor them daily you should get great plants.

2 Likes

@NewKidOnTheBlock She’s gorgeous. These GDP plants do seem resilient, I’ve experienced under watering, nitrogen toxicity, calcium/magnesium deficiencies, and they’ve bounced back each time. This being my first grow I’ve learned a ton on the way.

1 Like

Hard agree on that!!
This is my first grow too and I feel like I lucked out on picking this strain.
They are so resilient, easy to grow, and smell fantastic.

3 Likes

I keep beating them down and 12 hours later their loving life.

3 Likes

all GDP

3 Likes