Grandaddy Purple Harvest

Those 4 add up to 1021 actual watts of power.
So a good amount of light for 20 square ft.
Perhaps pushed to a 5x5 space with reflector walls on all side.

All together it will light about a 6x6 space.More intensity will produce denser more weighty colas.

Lets ask @dbrn32

1 Like

I started with two like that.
Produced really good weed but only an ounce off a single plant.

@Spiney_norman @dbrn32 Thanks and just to clarify someone (i dont know which one of you) suggested too much light, and I did take 2 down so up to 3 days ago I was running 5 - 2000 & 1 - 1200 watt lights.

It was 4 - 2000 watt Apelila’s, 1 - Phlizon 1200 watt & 1 - Bestva 2000 watt all full spectrum and when I took the 2 - 2000 watt Apelilas down things changed to the good,yes they need nutes and I think I fixed my soil recipe to address that with the new 6 girls, my soil is loaded with more then they need it is just figuring out the pot size, lighting, water & keeping my Microbes in the pots,I am seeing that 3 gal wont allow a lot of micob action once these babies fill them up with roots,

1 Like

Yes @acort it was me that posted that too much light can cause pistils to keep producing.
That can come from lights being too close as well as too many.
@dbrn32 may have some thoughts on utilizing your current lights the best way.
He loves lighting questions…Lol

1 Like

Yes you will only get more off the plants with bigger containers for sure, you have to veg out 8 weeks in a 5 - 7 gal and you will about dbl your harvest, I did find that I like the 3 gal pots for handling but in order to not starve to death you have to flower at 6 weeks at the latest, I am going for 8 weeks on the new girls to test my new soil recipe.

1 Like

Just to clarify…I am not criticizing…Just brainstorming here.
You have much more space than I do and are growing far more.
I can only do 2 or 3 at a time.
This forum has help teach me a lot.

Nice thanks,I thought it was you but didnt want to go back looking thru all the helpers material to find out, I did do that with the lights to close last winter,shhhh and had spikes growing up off the flowers so knew i was to hot or close or in my case it was both, backed them off another 12" and that did it so when you said that it clicked with me. thanks for that @Spiney_norman

1 Like

Never worry about the Criticism, it is needed to learn, if we don’t take good Criticism we can’t learn, and I love doing this so thanks for it. I call it help.

2 Likes

:sunglasses::+1:

This is what im wanting to duplicate…
Grown by @Blazin_Skywalker

1 Like

Didn’t see this,I did that with my loweryder 2 last winter 2018 but used Organic pure maple syrup and a little molasses and they are very fruity and sweet like that but, then I did blue dream also this past winter 2019 and didn’t use any thing at all and it is sweet, choker, creep, I can’t even smoke it, it gets me so wound out I can’t remember my name,LOL I also have some Chemdawg that I can’t smoke either and they are cured so I don’t eat that,I only eat fresh or usually fresh/frozen flower

1 Like

Very nice for sure

Can’t do video on here huh??

You can post a you tube video. Those are fine as long as they dont advertise competing product or sites.
Just upload to youtube and then post a link.

5x5 seems reasonable

2 Likes

@acort This is why I only smoke a little bit per day. I’m a Disabled Veteran that has been dealing with severe, chronic pain and the few times I’ve asked for a low dose of Oxy which worked the first time. This last time it didn’t do a thing for me.

My Doctor knows I don’t abuse the Oxy and Ihate to ask for it. I just don’t have enough stash of marijuana for proper pain management yet. And he is all for me to smoke marijuana as he said that is the only pain management I will ever get for a long time solution.

Serve my Country with Honor and this is what we have to deal with.

6 Likes

Welcome from another Missouri grower. Thank you both for your service.

1 Like

I hear you bro. 77 - 85 here all peace time but I knew things people shouldn’t know, it has taken a toll on my body, Dr. say’s it is all stress but see I can’t talk to anyone about anything and the Gov. could give a crap less. I also got in trouble for not snitching on a guy and now have a Fed. record so they keep my guns too. Oh well you give they take. Where do you live Mr. Peat,is it Texas?

Glad to have you on board,these young folks are teaching an old fart how to grow without sun. LOL

1 Like

@acort I’ve lived all over the US but yes, I’m in Texas. My body can’t take the cold weather no more. Texas has a little over 2 million with chronic pain and they are moving to States that have a Medical Marijuana program and or recreational sales.

My spine is fubar to the point I will wake up paralyzed from the waist down. That is how bad I got messed up serving this great Country if ours. My family has been here since 1606. I was going to move to the Netherlands under a special program they have. A long process but with States legalizing marijuana I’d get denied now.