GrandšŸ‡ Jane Grows

Welcome to my 2nd tent experience lol I did that same thing, remember lol

1 Like

Is there not a plug in any of the walls on the outside of the closet? I added a plug inside my closet by running a wire up through the wall into the closet from a plug on the outside of the closet wall. Then used a pop in box to mount the GFI plug in.

2 Likes

B!tches are the Borg gotta keep treating as IPM a couple grows to get a break once ya got em.

2 Likes

6 Likes

@JaneQP , hope this might help you with your spider mites.
1 Lower temps in your grow space . Mites like higher temps
2 Add more fans to your grow . This will irritate them
3 take your plants outside for a alcohol wash, mites like to hide on the underbelly of your leaves.( 1 cup of alcohol for every 30 oz of water )
4 start a IPM rotation of at least 2 of these. Azamax,Spinosad, Essentria ic3, and rosemary. Apply 15 minutes before lights off

5 Likes

Silly me I did not even consider this option and already bought a surge protector but will check cyber deals tomorrow.

1 Like

Unfortunately nothing on that wall that I can play with so I have a surge protector with 12 foot cord.

2 Likes

Thank you! Temps will be in the 70ā€™s this week so I can take them outside for an alcohol water douse! While outside, I can sanitize the tent again.

1 Like

Congratulations on the new setup woohoo looks like everything has been covered except the temperature issue in the room, my house is controlled by a single thermostatā€¦ I use a small portable evaporative cooler I use in my room because our rh is real low and with the lights on it gets to hot unless I keep the whole house below 65Ā° which is impossible in summer and not good on my old bones in winter lol the little cooler keep my rh in the 50s and keeps the room in the lower 70s in winter mid 70s in summer

5 Likes

I agree I need to get the temps under control in the basement. The guest room closet will be easier since we run the swamp cooler all summer.

Right now humidity in the house is 25% and hanging two wet towels gets the veg tent to 45%.

4 Likes

My house is staying under 20% with the little swamper in the room it was 46 earlier before I watered. I canā€™t run it at night but the rh goes up at night anyway

2 Likes

I am considering running a few humidifiers throughout the house and see what that does. Normally we would be having snow and rain to moisten things up but not this year.

Doesnā€™t help that I have been running a space heater and fan trying to dry out the saturated subfloor.

2 Likes

Idk about spraying alcohol on THC plants as alcohol dissves and breaks down THC so spraying with alcohol is killing off good thc I would not touch the plants with alcohol at all. Peroxide 3% one to 2 cups per gallon will be sufficient with a few drops of dawn dish soap. The soap smothers the bugs and kills them off. Good luck Iā€™d still get alot more answers before the alcohol bath on the pla t. Good luck

4 Likes

Set to follow along have you thought about taking clones of these plants as a back up type deal?

3 Likes

Nice touch with the wet towels, Iā€™ve had to do that a few times over the last month. RH in the garage is 28%-40. Works like a champ :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@LiesGrows . I have four clones from a branch of the Tangie OG that broke off in transit.

I am going to try and take clones from the other three once they are healthy. Which reminds me I need to order plant stakes so I donā€™t mix them up!

My husbandā€™s enjoys Trainwreck. Cross fingers I can get viable clones from her.

5 Likes

I had ilgm trainwreck. Super good smoke but I had some germ issues. All got fixed for the non germ ones but it was super smoke for the few I got to grow.

2 Likes

The last Trainwreck I grew hubs taste tested so much I did not get a weight! I did get 1/2 gallon of nice sticky buds before the container mysteriously disappeared. I think he wanted it all to himself and not share!

Although some reappeared as a gift to one of his friends and the text back was ā€œTell your wife her Trainwreck rocksā€.

8 Likes

My aunt was loving it also the only reason I ordered was to see if it was a thing like the trainwreck off the streets here. That was killer bid had a similar taste but looked way different so something along the lines were diff with the 2 strains lol. U wanna try good smoke if u can find clones or seed of cheese quake was the best Iā€™ve ever smoked. U could smell the fresh. IDs and get high from the smell u lit. It was nutz

2 Likes

Iā€™l have to go on a seed hunt!

2 Likes