Grand🐇 Jane Grows

please do share … :joy:…good times… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

A wise man once told me…

Be careful of the tools you buy… it dictates the work you will do.

7 Likes

Another Woo Hoo my HLG showed up!

9 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

11/5/2021 Update:

Not much of an update but some interesting twists…

New tent has arrived.
HLG light has arrived.
A two year supply of mosquito bits has arrived.

I am going to have to remove or raise the shelf in the closet to accommodate exhaust, carbon filter, and anything else. Bigger project than I expected.

BUT I am not allowed to work on it until I have the main floor toilet kit installed according to HWMBO (He Who Must Be Obeyed) for those that don’t know the 80’s lingo. I am having problems with the tank mounts. The kit came with damaged threads on one bolt. Luckily I saved the old ones - I have dismounted it three times because I did not check the bolts first, and a different washer fell off each time I reassembled and I did not notice. 4th time a charm I hope. Also this is not a standard toilet and I had to order a kit from Kohler which turned out to be just the flapper part. Now I am piecing together their stuff with an old universal kit. It will have to wait until tomorrow because I have to get cleaned up for date night.

My clone supplier just texted and has no clones available since the great spider mite invasion when her roommate did not take care of them while she was out of town, and she is moving and setting up shop in another state. I am buying some big kids. MAC, Blueberry chem, Tangie OG and Trainwreck. They will be ready for transplant as soon as the soil is done cooking. I have to readjust plans since I was expecting solo cups.

LOL - busy weekend for the Bunny!

10 Likes

Super busy weekend now! Picking up four big plants tomorrow before my friend leaves again. Pictures look too big for much training but I should be able to trim and pull down a few branches. Maybe even cut a couple of clones but now I need somewhere to grow them!

6 Likes

If I’m understanding correctly you are getting these plants from the same person that is fighting spider mites… if so I’d quarantine the plants coming in just to be safe

3 Likes

You are correct. I have CJDB on it’s way and they will be quarantined! Probably to the Blurple party tent to at least give them some light. She says she killed them all but I won’t be taking any chances after the poor harvest from the GG4s. Hubs stash is getting low.

8 Likes

11/6/2021 – Arrival of the Clones….

One Gary, Two Garys, three Garys maybe? oh no! I’ll begin with my grow ticket. And yes for those of you following, the main floor toilet has a new kit and functioning again so I was able to work on the grow.

Here is a Grow Ticket of what I have/or trying to accomplish:

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto): Clones-Miracle Alien Cookies, Blueberry Chem, Train wreck, Tangie OG (bad shape – pictures to follow).
-Age of plant: Big old teens+ (Clearance Sale)
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF. Living Soil recycled from last grow.
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc.). Fabric 3 gallon bags next week.
-Nutrients: Brand and feeding frequency/concentration: Clone provider was using Ancient Nutrients. I am using Earthdust, top-dressing. Silica and aloe vera during flowering. Cal-Mag-Iron if needed.
-Method used to measure PH and TDS: Apera 20 and cheapie TDS meter when needed.
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space: Two indoor 4’x2’x60” AC Infinity tents. Party tent in basement Grownup tent in bedroom closet. -Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum: Party Tent: 3 blurple lights. 103W draw each. Grownup Tent - HGL 260 Rspec. -Current Light Schedule: 18/6 veg, 12/12 flower .
-Temps: Day/Night. Party tent 67/77, Grownup Tent – Unknown.
-Humidity: Day/Night. Party tent 45/60
-Ventilation system: Yes, No, Size Yes. Cloudline 4” with carbon filter for each tent.
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier (if Applicable): A couple of wet towels when needed .
-Co2: Yes, No
-Other: Clone supplier grew in FF Ocean something. Clones were not taken care of for 2 months – unpH’d water with a nutrient line called Ancient Nutrients that were locked out. Received in gallon pots half full of soil. Large branch on Tangie OC snapped trying to get it into my car.

So here I am with maybe three Garys. All but one was lollipopped about 2/3rd from the bottom. Big node spacing. Some weird signs of nutrient ebb and flow.

Gary 4.0.0 Blueberry Chem. Total lollipop crisis or just poor nutrients. She had 4 nice stems so I pulled them out and hope the little larfy things will take off. She was 24” before LST. Should I do any topping on the sides?

Top down view:

Gary 4.0.1, Tangie OG, now renamed Hackett for that guy that tormented me in grade school! When putting her 30” height into the car I must have unknowingly snapped branch. I started tying her down for some LST and one limb fell over! I used honey and Teflon tape. Also splinted her with a chopstick. That branch is wilting. If it survives what should I do? LST and top?

Here is the broken branch three hours later:

Possible Gary 4.0.2, Train wreck, now renamed Eide for the guy that sent me all those sick love notes in 8th grade and just could not take a hint. This one shows (why does spell check say I should change to “this one show”?) promise if someone could suggest how to bend her down to a short height or if I should top the mains. Stems are woody. She is 30”. I know bad picture. 74 and sunny here today. My remaining old plants are still in their bags/buckets for drying and starting to send out shoots!

The last is Noel, a MAC, 20”, and a perfect Christmas tree. I think I will keep her as is unless someone suggests something otherwise.

The first thing I did was repair damage, LST what I could, fill up the rest of the half full pots with soil from my old grow, sprinkle mosquito bits and add sticky traps, and water with pH’d water to runoff. I also went through the whole house and treated every houseplant to mosquito bits and a yellow sticky trap. Then I started a gallon of water with a double dose of mosquito bits soaking.

The saddest two will head to the grownup tent next weekend. The other two healthier ones to the blurple party tent. Just waiting on the soil to finish cooking.

This is not a grow journal – more of a damage control journal!
@SmokeyMtnHighs @MeEasy @Underthestairs @anon33684698 @Mr_Wormwood @Arrow
Please tag other growers that know how to person-handle plants!

8 Likes

***major typo up there :point_up:t2:

Silica and aloe Vera given during veg not flower!

1 Like

hi Bunny …sorry im not always around, …other side of the globe and power issues … :roll_eyes:

here goes …when your plants main stems have gone woody and you cannot manipulate them any more…transplant them at an angle, and just do a slow bend … :crazy_face:…immediate flat canopy…no breakages…easy…add a net and… voila… :wink: :sunglasses: :v:

5 Likes

Hi Bunny, I’m not sure what I would do here with these ladies but the first thing that popped into my little brain was to throw them in the darkest corner of your veg tent and steal pieces from them as you need new clones until spring and throw them outside you can still take more clones from them until they finally flower out in the fall

3 Likes

Thanks @Arrow and @MeEasy.

Although all are woody two of them have branches the size of “pin rolls”. Remember those?

Two I have been able to bend down - Blueberry Chem and the broken Tangie OG. They can sit in the corners of the veg tent and hopefully recover a bit or become weird bonsai mothers.

I did cut the broken limb off the Tangie OG and tried to salvage some clones - at least four perked up and look viable. Since Tangie is a family fave I’ll have some happy peeps.

The Trainwreck and MAC are headed to the grown up (Over 21) tent once it is set up. I will plant the Trainwreck at an angle and I should be able to spread the branches by pulling them down and apart by tying yarn and using some dumbbells. MAC will remain an :christmas_tree:.!

I need to go mix up more living soil!

Hoppy grows and again thank you! :rabbit2: Jane

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re getting a handle on them. …That is going to be another perk I thought of with the rack I made for my tent. I’ll have endless tie down points outside the range of the cloth bags.

2 Likes

@New2Grow3

LOL! If I knew you better I would talk some smack back!

Just realized I forgot another item to purchase - rubber connector between the exhaust fan and filter. Time to visit Amazon again!

1 Like

Go ahead haha yeah I realized I forgot to order 2 more 6" fans to put in my new tent too :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@SmokeyMtnHighs Thanks for the reminder I need those also!

1 Like

I think the fans were the only thing I forget. I want to try and find the ones tho that actually clamp around the frame pole… also is there anywhere to get the extra poles like I see in some tent pics to run across the back and ends from corner to corner to hook the trellis to instead of just to the 4 corners? What were you going to say @JaneQP now you have us all curious :rofl:

LOL I found some that will clamp on poles on Amazon but they are geared more to campers…

Never done a trellis before but I have seen those cool pics of tents and I think most are DIY. After the big plumbing job yesterday I was thinking PVC and maybe gaskets to hold them in place?

Good news. Exhaust and carbon filter arriving today with an array of other odds and ends. I think I am nearing my $800 budget for the new tent now!

1 Like

@CoyoteCody makes clips that will go on to your tent poles that hook onto regular clip fans instead of the clip also makes other nice 3D printed items he makes some little clips that goes on the tent poles that will hold PVC rods to make Hi-C FM bars

3 Likes