GrandšŸ‡ Jane Grows

Yep, sheā€™s pretty awesome :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Have you ever tried Diatomaceous Earth? Itā€™s powdery and after I till in the Misquote bits I layer the top. Itā€™ll weep through your medium destroying the exoskeleton. I was infested this summer, thank you mosquito bits, DE and Capt Jacks :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I use DE outdoors but havenā€™t tried indoors since it is messy. I battle earwigs outside. They munch on my sunflowers, squash, corn and butterfly bushes. I put a ring around each plant and then got this little $3 powder hand pump thingy for dusting leaves. Unfortunately hubs packed all my gardening stuff in the shed where I canā€™t get to it!

3 Likes

Right on, Iā€™ll have to use that on my wifeā€™s sun room plants. Thanks Jane :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

But if they donā€™t respond to the bits Iā€™ll tear that shed apart!

4 Likes

I think my gnats are getting an immunity to the bits or I havenā€™t been using enough when soaking them, they do sell the chemical from the bits in a powder I might try it once I use up the ton of bits I have :laughing:

5 Likes

11/3/21 Update:

I spent a lot of time pouring over living soil threads yesterday and have a lot learn!

I read about crop covers and mulch. I thought ā€œI have Lemon Cloverā€. But then searching Oxalis stricta it is considered a weed and the bane of nurseries and not a nitrogen fixer! I realized I could use my dried sunflower stalks as mulch. As soon as the sun dries out the dew Iā€™ll be chopping a few.

While in the garden I dug up a sage plant and put it in the tent. The smell is supposed to be an insect repellant.

Lo and behold! I found one of my neglected clones hanging on for dear life with a little bit of green and a pinky sized bud. I have found a Gary! Weā€™ll see what earthdust, warm temps, humidity, living soil and light do for this sad creature. I am sure it will be a messy reveg if it survives, but all I can do is try.

Still have to rake in some mosquito bits. I cleared out the closet for my new tent. Now it is the waiting game for everything to arrive.

Hoppy grows to you my friends! :rabbit2: Jane

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about doing some kind of mulch. I was wondering how something like that landscape fabric cut to fit the top with a slit to accommodate the plant :thinking: I donā€™t know much about the fabric but I can read kinda :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh and I almost forgot to mention Ms Bunny just found her new Gary :laughing:

3 Likes

I had a bad Fungus gnats problem , I used neem oil , captain jacks and DE in rotation. It absolutely didnā€™t work. Then I used nematodes sf , problem solved

2 Likes

I will look into the nematodes. I did buy more bits and some CJDB.

Canā€™t wait to post a picture for @Mr_Wormwood !

Snowing this past weekend and 71F tomorrow?

2 Likes

Lol we are supposed to be be getting snow here too pretty soon

I think they got it in the south towns but Iā€™m in the northtowns ha ha

1 Like

We might get a few flakes but noting to stick probably lol

1 Like

ILGM doesnā€™t have kandy land seeds do they?

1 Like

Not that I have seen. I found a cool site where you provide clones to them and they provide clones and product to vets. Something I would definitely support, but they want three+ years of growing experience.

LOL I wonder if all my failed attempts before this site would count?

2 Likes

A buddy of mine is trying to find some but I couldnā€™t find any anywhere for him.

1 Like

I am going to give them a call since Iā€™ll be pulling too many clones to support this grow. Wish I could help your buddy.

1 Like

Does he want to grow or just get product? I can check their site again.

And is he in a legal state?

All set to follow you down the bunny hole!! Sounds like itā€™s gonna be fun!!
We used to get a thing called snow here in the mid-Atlantic region. Itā€™s that white stuff, kinda cold and wet, right? The memory isnā€™t what it used to beā€¦LOL!
Seriously. we might get a couple of 6-7" snows a season now and days but not much more.
Up til the mid to late 80ā€™s we used to get big snows, but since then theyā€™re becoming less frequent, sadly. Itā€™s a great renewal for the earth, above and below ground.
By comparison, we just had our first lite frost this morning.

Best of luck on Your grow and Everyoneā€™s!!
Iā€™ll be watching!!

1 Like