Grand daddy purple scrog 1st time

Ok so need some advice with this grow looking to start it in a day or 2 i will be moving them to a 2wx4Lx5H tent with a 600watt light then out to a 7wx5.5hx10L greenhouse if all goes well how many seeds should I use what pot size or storage bin and soil recommendations @raustin @Johnzy81 feel free to tag others if you think they will be willing to help :+1:

3 Likes

If they’re going outside in a greenhouse (I’m so jealous) then you can go with pretty big pots, though only 5.5’ high is limiting. You can probably get four 5-7 gallon pots into your tent comfortably, five if you squeeze them in. Then again, you could start them in 2-3 gallons in the tent and do maybe ten plants, then transplant into bigger pots for the greenhouse. For soil I recommend Foxfarm, either Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, but they’re kind of expensive, so it depends on your budget. There are many good choices in soil, just stay away from Miracle Grow or anything that has time release nutes.

1 Like

Yea the height of the green house does suck but I was already thinking bout how to rise it need be so that might not be a problem. Think starting them now will they be ready by like mid October maybe able to go maybe early Nov with the green house if the weather cooperates in upstate out of them 3 soils is there 1 you prefer more

What nutrients will you be using? If you go with Ocean Forest, you can almost go the whole grow without using nutes because it’s a hot soil. Happy Frog is more forgiving in that it’s not as hot, so when you add nutes you don’t run the risk of over feeding. You can also use it for seedlings.

For nutes if I have to use them foxfarm will go check out soils tomorrow and will post my choice

Ok, I think I’d go with the Foxfarm Happy Frog with the Foxfarm nutes then.

1 Like

Here is a monster crop that @Countryboyjvd1971 did last year super silver haze top 1time in fox farms ocean I believe

@Countryboyjvd1971 ssh image

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a beauty!

2 Likes

Outside scrog if he didn’t have his issues with the Humidity last year he probably would’ve pulled well over 2 pounds off of it 15 gallon

1 Like

Oh, it was that grow with the bud rot? What a shame.

1 Like

Yes it was unfortunate

1 Like

Holy smokes sweet 1 plant or multiples

Lol, that’s what you can do with some Foxfarm Ocean Forest.

1 Like

This is called quality work: wink:

Dam @Hogmaster you still Have a picture of that id have to find that in my thread lol
One plant Ssh monster cropped clone hahaha
So cool
I going to do another outdoor scrog this year
Maybe a bruce banner or power plant
And try to fill that screen again
One plant 4 goot x 8 foot screen
Woohoo

3 Likes

I went in and found it

1 Like

I was a little surprised to see it this morning lol @Hogmaster

1 Like

If someone wants to learn how to do it you’re the man I like to send them to @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

@Hogmaster
I do my best to teach but for some reason many still want to shove more than one plant under a screen ?
The whole idea is to get as much from one plant that you can get from two or three plants in same space ?

2 Likes