Grand Daddy Purple grow from seeds to harvest

Mostly these 3 and Google for the original image.

1 Like

The seedling pots (4" nursery pots) using promix are getting a bit of a crusty layer just on top. Is it good to loosen the top medium up a bit or good to go? @Covertgrower. I know it doesn’t hurt anything just want to learn best case scenario.

Always one dancing to her own beat. This seed was about half the size of the others. Also growing at half speed so far and a bit funky. I love funky :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I would leave it for now unless it causes an issue.

2 Likes

The kids just got their first 1/4 dose of food. Had to use ff. Jack’s will be here from next time on. I think they’ll be happy just to get a little something lol. They sprouted 15 days ago and starting on 4th set of leafs.

1 Like

I play with all of that but don’t do it all the time. Seems to help trichs swell or stand out a bit more than usual but not going to be a drastic change in potency, but possibly a small change.

On my next clone run, which may be a while as I have some seeds I want to grow out, I will take 4 clones of the same plant and try some of each, leave one alone, stem split another and do ice on another, maybe do both stem split and ice on another, and see if any real differences can be observed.

3 Likes

Looking for a heads up on indoor grow during winter. This is my first so other than heat and RH is there anything else that winter brings? I’m in the northeast New England area. Winters can easily drop to -25F . We have low to mid 30’s already at night. My seedlings shown above are in a 217 year old sun porch lol. It’s somewhat heated. Can I use say a 40watt incandescent bulb in a clamp light to add a little heat on the cooler nights? Fortunately the GDP for next grow prefers a bit lower temps and RH.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply. Looking forward to your test later on. Think I’ll pass on the extras this time. First harvest only one plant and it was more of a learning experiment any way lol. :+1::v:

2 Likes

the pups are 19 days old and on 4th set of leafs. I plan on topping 5th set. Hoping to get 12+ vertical stems for supercrop per plant. The only light I have for them right now is a smaller t5. They’re outgrowing the light as I keep it real close so not getting enough light foot print. Can I just add 1 or 2 cfls for now? Would like to raise the light for better spread but need to keep stretch at a minimum. @Hellraiser @Covertgrower. I will lower base stem more when they go in their 5gal cloth pots. Tia

2 Likes

2 Likes

For me, CFLs are only good for the seedling stage, doesn’t have enough penetration to light much of the plant past the top leaves once they get going. Adding more CFLs can buy you a little more time but not much.

2 Likes

Yep… :point_up::point_up:

2 Likes

Tents in flowering only about two weeks left. I may end up sacrificing the one in flower if I have to. It’s just a first time indoors experiment anyway lol.

1 Like

Damn man that’s sucks. You gotta finish the first grow man! All that hard work

1 Like

Just checked the tricomes I’m still min 2 to 3 weeks out. Majority still all clear. Maybe 5% @ 10% cloudy.

1 Like

How many you have in there? 1 plant?

Yes just one

5 Likes

That’s a lot to waste. Looks damn good for your first time. You got me trying to figure out how I could scrog the 2 GDP I have without messing with the plants already in flower. Your doing great tho.:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks man. The learning alone was worth the trip. I’ll try to deal with the seedling lighting for sure in lieu of pulling the other one out of the tent. Dont know if you could scrog the GDP in veg then after your others are done just switch lights . Once they get all wrapped in a net they’re pretty much stuck there lol.

1 Like

Yea I think I’m gonna try the scrog after I put them into flower. Is it possible to scrog only half a tent?:thinking: and I can’t switch lights cause I just started the 3 DTxC99. I may wait and scrog them instead