Grand Daddy Purple grow from seeds to harvest

Done and thanks!

Ok stretching under control thanks. Just read I can repot seedlings in same pots but deeper. Dump out soil and carefully remove as much soil around the roots as possible. Add a little soil back into pot and hold seedling at desired height then gently fill in around stalk and roots. Keep roots as dry as possible so they dont cling to each other. Can be planted up to just below first leafs safely. Stalks will add roots in soil. Then light water. Can I add say 1/4 dose of clonex solution to water now?@hellraiser @Covertgrower

1 Like

Yes you can, but if you’re in FFOF, you won’t need to.

1 Like

Thanks. Not in ff soil now. Switched to promix bx. Did put a tablespoon of ff original soil in with enough promix to fill 7 4" nursery pots for seedlings. Thinking clonex may help root the new part of stem that’s getting buried.

1 Like

@dbrn32 You were recently discussing ac infinity fans somewhere in here and mentioned the s series over the t series for value. Something you didn’t care for about the t series controller but I think you found a work around. I’m looking at the t series to simplify things in general. I dont mind the extra cost if it makes things simpler. Do you feel its worth it overall now? Ordering one asap. Thanks!

1 Like

The current t-series shuts off when setpoint is reached. It’s my opinion that you shouldn’t normally want that to happen. There are a few that can use that to their advantage based on their climate, but i still don’t really like stopping air exchange for multiple reasons. Therefore I don’t see the reason to spend extra money on controller that will do so. The s series fan is just as quiet, efficient, and offers same manual speed control at cheaper price. So for anyone that shares my thoughts it is better value.

Fwiw, I have t-series fan sitting here not being used. So it’s definitely not an issue of me not wanting to spend the money either.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense! On the s series can you get a happy medium setting so your not adjusting twice a day for lights on and off? @dbrn32

1 Like

Ordered the s6". Hoping I dont have to go upstairs twice a day thru full cycle lol.

I don’t adjust mine on any regular frequency. It’s more or less adjusting to changes in climate.

1 Like

Sounds good looking forward to getting it finally. Thanks again .

1 Like

Got the S6 series in my 3x3 veg tent works great, have a 440cfm vivosun no filter in my 4x4 and can’t get temp under 85 thinking about getting another S6 would the S6 be better in a 4x4? got 2 260xl and can’t go full power on lights. thanks

1 Like

Reeled the stretch in a bit.

2 Likes

I have a 4x4 and the s6 infinity should work good. Have you tried swapping fans to see if the vivosun will work in your 3x3? Then you could try your s6 in your 4x4. Is your 4x4 vented out of the room?

1 Like

When do I up the water amount on the seedlings? When is it safe to fill to runoff?@Covertgrower

3-4 weeks into veg you could start watering more. It all depends on the size of the plant.

2 Likes

I have to try to nurse them along in 4" pots for another 4 weeks +/- until my tents open. I have 5 gal cloth pots ready but no light to cover that size spread. :smirk::pensive: Seedlings just starting 2nd set of leafs.

1 Like

I’m in the middle of flower and it’s exhausting outside, the veg tent is exhausting inside swapping did cross my mind would probably try it when grows are near the end don’t want to drop any fans on my plants should of did this first oh well

2 Likes

I agree, with @Covertgrower water sparingly while they’re developing roots, when they are larger they can handle a full soak.

3 Likes

Ok if I follow Bergman’s germination/seedling schedule I should be using miracle grow potting soil and watering seedlings till runoff. I’m using promix which by their explanation has just enough natural nutes to carry seedlings thru their first week only. Right now I’m watering light enough that I water twice a day and the soil is a tad to dry in between. I did start a micro level of clonex today as there is no nutes in the grow medium plus it should help root growth on the stems which I repotted lower due to excess stem stretch overnight. I’ll hold off on adding a 1/4 dose of Jack’s until a full second set of leafs are ready. Seedlings are about 1 1/2 weeks old today. I feel I’m not quite giving them enough water so may give just a bit more. The promix has no soil in it so water doesn’t last long especially with a fan on them.

Seedlings are fairly sensitive to nutrients, all seed starter soil is low nitrogen. I would go 1/4 to 1/2 strength feeding until they get Some size, less is more.

2 Likes