Grand Daddy Purple grow from seeds to harvest

Will get you one shortly. Been working on getting tent and room clean. Hopefully will have that done today. I plan on more training and trimming before they go into the tent. Getting a bit bushy lol. I plan on using the full 4x4 tent now that a good light is in the works.

1 Like

Great news brother…bet you exited…:wink::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

today’s pic

6 Likes

I know what I think…give me your personal opinion on that…:sunglasses::v:

Dont know what your thinking lol! Should I be concerned? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::sweat_smile::rofl:

I’m toying with the idea of adding a 3’ dowel to each of the 3 pots that have double plants in them. Stretch them out a bit more. I’d like minimum 8 to 10 colas per plant.

1 Like

I fqing love it…drop it on my thread if you want let’s see what everyone else thinks…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

I’ll be doing more training and start pruning on the pups tomorrow. Will post pics when I have them. Will also be adding 3’ dowels the the grow pots to support the longer growth beyond the pots. Stay tuned for more adventures down the rabbit hole!

I posed a similar question about removing growth tips to Arrow the other day. My plants are much further along and I had already decided I wanted eight primary colas per plant. My question to him is when do I stop removing growth tips along the eight branches. I did not want to waste the plant’s energy on growth that I would ultimately remove. However, I did have to let them grow a bit more to see for myself what they are developing into. Here is my answer

As the eight branches grew I removed all of the growth tips through the 4th and 5th node on each branch. Yesterday I removed more. I could see they would grow into individual colas which was not my original plan. So, I removed them.
My point in explaining this is you first have to decide how many colas you want. 8 10 12 16? Also, you will need to decide how you are going to arrive at that number. Individual branches or by topping. Once those things are decided, you select the strongest branches while maintaining spacing and desired symmetry to achieve that number of colas. Sounds so simple doesn’t it.
I start at the bottom of the plant and work my way to the top. Count and evaluate each branch for vigor and position. Mentally note or tag the weakest and see what remains. Evaluate once again what is left, do they meet the criteria you established? If yes, then chop chop. If not, return to go and take another look. Good luck. :scissors: :scissors:

1 Like

And now for another piece of madness. I mentioned this before… consider those cuttings above…you can easily see the opposing branches (Y)…before you remove them from your plant…top them…let them heal …and clone them…this leaves you with a perfectly formed mainline…:wink::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

That takes way too much foresight for a rookie. But as usual, great advice. I checked my cuttings and a couple have two center growth tips. They look like perfect candidates for OH GOD you know what.
I have to get cracking on another grow space.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:…down the hole…:wink::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

This should light up my life:

lucky it comes with a upgraded dimmer knob.

8 Likes

congrats! :bulb:

2 Likes

YESS !!! Get that beast dialled in brother…your girls are going to kiss your boots…:wink::joy::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Time to grow out more cola’s!

4 Likes

I imagine you already have the manual memorized. Let it rip. Congrats.

1 Like

Lol about the only thing the manual said is dont use it full power for veg. Oh and I’m losing 15" of ceiling height. :rofl::sweat_smile::+1:

As for my recent harvest of 1 cal dream plant I’m bummin that the clones didn’t make it. I only got 4oz dry and pretty sure I hit a solid phenome. Its turning out to be a 1-2 hit wonder!

What is the recommended clearance?
I need 26 - 30" for my Kind XL600. I moved the filter and fan outside the tent so I could grow taller plants.

1 Like