Grand Daddy Purple grow from seeds to harvest

First full grow in tent in soil from seeds to harvest. I’ll be asking plenty of questions along the way hoping for the most I can get with less than great lights. Will be germinating seeds today or tomorrow. Will be using ff trio nutes and ff soil. Amazon lights one blurple 180 true watts and 1 -6 light cob light at 300 true watts. Will update when I have more.

7 Likes

First question…I’ve read a few good ways to germinate here. I’m not sure who all to ask so starting with @dbrn32 and @Covertgrower . I read a capful of peroxide 3% in a shot glass filled with distilled water for 1-2 days then use that water on a paper towel and put in a ziploc bag. Using ILGM feminized photo seeds is that way as good as any or ?

1 Like

You covered it.

2 Likes

Just read in product comments that the Clonex solution is great for diluted foliar spray and watering for new seedlings. Anyone try this? Any pros or cons? Using soil in 4" nursery pots to start out in humidity dome. Thanks. Manuf claims it helps in transplant shock as well.

1 Like

@Covertgrower or anyone…ok seeds floating in glass after 22 hours. Just wondering if any pros/cons to floating seeds vs sinking seeds? Plus do I put in paper towels now or wait a bit longer? …I know these are raw rookie questions but I’m an old dude been smoking for a tad over 50 years and my last grows was old school. Paper towels only to pots then in the ground. We used fish emulsion and worm castings mostly as that was all that was around then lol.

2 Likes

Just poke’m down until they sink. Not any difference.

3 Likes

Thanks and optimal time to put in paper towels? Two reasons I’m asking most basic questions is I want to learn optimal ways start to finish plus I’m trying to set this journal up to cover basics for first time growers down the road.

3 Likes

@Loudman inviting you here cause your a couple months ahead of me :sunglasses:

1 Like

I soak mine up to 2 days. After that I place in a towel after that no matter what. Even after a soak, they can take up to 5 days to sprout. Usually see action after 2-3 days though. Don’t stress too much, every seed and strain is different.

4 Likes

Gotcha mucho thanks. Not stressing at all. Just reviewing each aspect along the way. :+1::v:

1 Like

I’m set to watching. Thanks for the tag. Happy growing brotha✌️

1 Like

In preparing for this grow I’m going with promix bx with extra perlite nothing else (maybe) . I have almost two bags of hot soil left over one ff original one similar but local more organic. Wondering about mixing 25% or so or putting a bit in the bottom of the cloth grow bags? Another question is I have ff trio nutes. Any thoughts on going with those at say half does till their used up? Want to try Jack’s A and B with my own epsom salt. Am I better off eating the ff stuff and sticking with straight promix and Jacks?

2 Likes

@Hellraiser would appreciate your thoughts on the above questions. Mucho thanks!

@dbrn32 your thoughts on greengeens light builds and products at pacific lights concepts and photo boost strips? Thanks!

The lights are good. Finding them in stock can be a pain though.

1 Like

Thinking about a diy build. I’m on a low income so waiting for stock gives me time to save up more pennies lol. How about heatsink USA? It’s going to be a long painful progress for me due to lack of funds. Plan on getting parts as I can. @dbrn32

I wouldn’t do that. The biggest reason is because new stuff comes out fairly often. Next model may be a little wider and need different heatsink, or different voltage and/or current and require a different driver. Imo its best to wait until you’re ready and get everything.

2 Likes

Probably better off that way, mixing nutes can cause strange results. You could mix the hot soil with the other but keep in mind to use less nutes/wiat longer to use nutes, because of the inclusion of the hot soil.

1 Like

7 out of 7 GDP seeds going in soil today. Nice tap roots using peroxide in water! 3 days total between glass and paper towels. Will see what pops up.

1 Like

Yes using H2O2 is fantastic stuff, 1-2 tbl spoon per gallon, I use it to germinate and to help start the grow, and when they look sickly. I found it on You tube, the guy takes almost dead 4’ tree soaks it in HP or H2O2 and in a couple of weeks its all better. The knowledge of it is its like rain water, it has an extra molecule of oxygen. I use on my veggies, just great stuff if used properly

2 Likes