Grand Daddy Purple Autoflower light schedule

I’m starting out two Grand Daddy Purple auto flowers in my 3x3 grow tent under an HLG 300L Rspec light. Currently on a 24/0 light schedule. Since they are auto flowers can I just keep the 24/0 schedule right up to harvest time?

1 Like

You can. You will get mixed reviews here. I personally like my plants to get some rest, I feel my lights are powerful enough I don’t need 24 hours to give them enough light. Good luck!

3 Likes

Many prefer to give cannabis a little rest time with lights off. 18/6 schedules are popular with autos to ensure that the plant gets some dark period while also meeting or exceeding DLI values.

5 Likes

Got it. So if I were to go to an 18/6 schedule I could take that right through flower and harvest. Is that right?

1 Like

Is your grow area warm or cool?
If it’s cool run 20/4 if it’s warm run 18/6

I am an auto grower and have grown autos for years, just a bit of background. Here was my last aauto harvest
That’s bossman my. Supervisor btw

Its mor about the amout of light given so learn DLI
Read post #1 and #277 by Hellraiser

1 Like

I started 18/6 then 6/2 x 3, then @Nicky advised 20/4 for Autos all the way.
@MidwestGuy I like to give the plants some cat naps and am currently running 5/1 x 4 for my 20/4
It is working well for me so far.

:+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

18/6 always worked well for me . Happy growing !

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation to read hellraiser posts. Great information there. Quick question: hellraiser says to not top autoflowers Is that what you do?

I tell people to fim at the 4th and 5th node

Topping is a high street method, if your in soil I highly advise against it.
If your not good at growing and can grow a decent sized plant ide advise against it, if your plants anything but strong healthy and growing amazing I would not top.

Fiming is a medium stress method and it gives you 4 colas vs topping giving only 2.

Thanks for the link on FIMing. Very helpful

1 Like