Grafting plants

Hello all I’m not sure if I’m in the correct place in this forum to ask my question ??? We will see.
Ok …. I grafted a bubba kush and a granddaddy purple together and a bubba and a zombie death fuck. 11 days and they rooted like crazy. Wats the chances this will turn into something good.

1 Like

It’s not done much, but grafting cannabis is pretty easy. As long as you make sure the site is well-sealed, it will do fine.

2 Likes

Awesom. That’s reassuring.

2 Likes

The fruit bearing/ flowering part should have the same traits as its mother plant. Apple trees are grafted to the root stock of various smaller fruit bearing trees like plums and crabapple to get dwarf varieties. The grafted apple is still the original apple.

2 Likes

The clones I spliced together should eventually become one stock that I will take clones from agsin. It seems like it will work but am I wsisting my time.

Any grafting I have experience with is fruit trees and dragon fruit.
None ever cross, where ever the grafting is made, from that point it’s stays the fruit it was. People have multiple fruits growing on one but it never crosses or mixes.
I imagine cannibus would be the same way.
Where ever you took a clone from would be 100% the strain it was.

I had never thought about grafting cannibus but I could see a benefit though.
You could mother multiple strains on one tree :thinking:
This is intriguing

I’ve only seen fruit trees grafted. I am pumped for this experiment maybe it’s just wishful thinking but the way they look now is quite promising I will figure out how to send pics. So I can share :+1:

1 Like

I like the idea, I’ll definitely be here to follow along to see how it turns out. I believe they should definitely grow, and knowing how fast cannibus will mend its self when broken, idk whybi had never thought of it.

Both strains I’m using seem to root fast that’s why I’m trying with them first.this is the first day out of the humidome so I will see wat morning brings. Fingers crossed

I’ve seen a post floating around here months back where a guy grafted 6 strains to 1 plant to not be over his plant restrictions on his cultivation license. None of the strains mixed or anything they just grew on the mother plant he grafted them all to. I mean real cool experiment regardless. I wish I had more time in my garden to play around with stuff like this

1 Like

I think @Donaldj did this at one point but not sure if he’s lurking on the forum.

1 Like

Be a sweet way to keep Mother plants for clones…Multiple mothers on one root.

2 Likes

So, no actual grafting going on, just sticking cuttings from different strains into the same rooting cube?

I’ve done real grafting where you graft on branches from different strains onto another plant but does not seem to be what you are doing.

2 Likes

I did not interpret it that way, but yeah, that’s just comingled Cutting Roots.

I suppose like tomatoes, the best way would be to find stress/disease/drought resistant root stock.
Example: I’ve purchased San Marzano(sensitive in my zone +seasonal septoria) grafted to Cherry tomato(weeds) roots stock.

1 Like

Imo the grafting won’t produce the hybrid I think your hoping for. The host plant will in effect only raise her illegitimate children. They won’t share or trade genetics

1 Like

Would be an awesome way to keep multiple strains alive off one mother root system. :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m not sure wat the hell im doin. I just have a little extra time on my hands so this is wat I’m trying. Lolol. They don’t look bad I’ve seen worse clones of it don’t work with these strains I will try something else. I really appreciate all the feedback. :+1::v::shamrock::seedling:

2 Likes

I just set to watching. Very interested since we have a 12 plant limit but only three in flower law. If grafting works those three plants could be more than one strain and make all the users happy! PS I don’t imbibe. Just love growing.

1 Like