Gotta give girls a bath

Anyone know the mix of peroxide to water for washing ur harvest after mite infestation.@sixpackdad. @MattyBear.

Jorge says about a cup/5 gal for 3%.

7 Likes

That’s what I used too

1 Like

I’ve been washing my harvest for years. Give it 6 to 8 minutes at that concentration and rinse before drip dry. Then hang as normal.

I prefer a 5 gallon bucket with a lid to be able to immerse completely.

2 Likes

Thanks much. Got an older version of his horticulture book but couldn’t find anywhere in it.
Was wondering ur mix too @Sixpackdad. I knew u had just washed as well. I tried a lil science btw. It smokes pretty good in spite of everything. They mites have won this round. Girls aren’t progressing like they should be and I’ve got a a lot on my plate before I can start again. Gotta be clean for new babies :grin:. And I would like to sneak another indoor grow before I start my outdoor girls. Thanks again for ur help @Myfriendis410. @elheffe702. @Sixpackdad. Light was shut off last night in prep for the morning. Peace all. :v:

2 Likes

It would likely be a good idea to develop a regimen to fight the little bastards. I use a combo of two products: Captain Jack’s Dead Bug foliar spray and leave on for 5 to 6 days then wash with 50/50 3% peroxide. Wait 48 hours and repeat the Dead Bug. You will always have them once you got infected IMO.

3 Likes

Exactly my thoughts on the prevention program. I have access to spinosad at the grow shop. That I think has similar properties to the dead bug. Or am I wrong in that thought ? @Myfriendis410.
I really don’t want to have to deal with them again if I can stop it before it starts then I’m all for it. At least I learned learned some things. :grin:. Thanks for now. Gotta go get hi hi. Gonna have a lil crude for aches. Maybe a lil science as well. :drooling_face::v:

2 Likes

Be careful. I lost 3/4 of my plants after dosing them with neem oil twice in 3 days. The oil blocked pores of leaf surface and all but two suffocated. Now in flower I use 50/50 mix of 3 % peroxide in foliar sprays

3 Likes

Why not just freeze your harvest for 48hrs before drying / curing? Then treat your grow area with a heavier pesticide?

1 Like

@CottonPwny. Sorry for the late reply.
I did end up using the freezer as part of my curing process. Thanks for the tip. I freeze for longer storage anyway so why not at the start. I’ve found it will help to pull the moisture out a little bit quicker. Really starting to like this strain. I will grow this one again. :grin:
Thanks again and peace. :v:

P S. Room will be thoroughly disinfected before any other seed is dropped. :+1:

1 Like

Glad it helped!! I am just curing my Durban Poison Harvest currently. Grew them in tent in a unheated garage. Used a oil fill heater and it worked great! Even with -30s nights.

Glad it all worked out for ya.

1 Like