Got photo... Bud rot conformation needed

Rain has finally stopped and got very bad photos of what looks like rot (have cut it off)

I need confirmation

TIA xxx

2 Likes

It’s rot. Sorry.

2 Likes

Yeah, that sucks…

1 Like

@AAA @Caligurl These photos are of the branches I cut off… Fingers crossed it hasn’t spread do you think I should pull the whole plant. Or pray??The rain has stopped hooefully and I can salvage

2 Likes

Inspect buds closely, even pull a few of the thicker ones apart to see in the middle.

I put beach umbrellas over my planters when it rains.

Good luck!

2 Likes

@AAA …i live and learn, tho never expected this much rain!!
Will take ur advise and look in my big buds and def will have shelters fur them next year. Might be easier if I stuck to pots so I can wheel them onto my porch when it rains.

Fingers x’d I have removed the damage, otherwise I have an early smoke… It is so super sticky :relaxed: :heart:

1 Like

Cool. Growing outdoors in the ground really gives you an appreciation for what it must have been like for early farmers.

I always plant 25-50% more than what I hope to harvest because if it’s not moisture caused bud rot there is always caterpillar caused bud rot that takes a bite out of your harvest.

1 Like

@AAA I will be happy with one plant hehehe, gonna be a long 4 weeks… Just won’t stop raining and am scared to move the ones in pots as the roots have gone thru the bottom of the pots and worried about ripping the roots up
Thanks for the heads up on caterpillars, another thing to worry about as the cabbage moths are out in force :joy:

1 Like

Monterey BT for caterpillars! Good luck.

1 Like