Got another question for you guys this one may be a doozy so bare with me lol

So after all the things that happened early on in my grow adventure surprisingly enough my autos are doing just fine after having to be transplanted and moved closer to the led light to Bush out a little more but again with me being new to this i do research just about everyday and I read something about runoff. And I’m thinking okay what’s that? Then I read a little more and I’m going to say it’s safe to assume that my pots should have holes in the bottom correct? Because they dont… I’ve been watering every 4 days or so I only water when the soil feels dry and so far so good but I’m afraid of trying to pike holes in them now I don’t want to damage the roots also I definitely don’t want to transplant my autos for the second time because I’m pretty sure although my plants look healthy from the first transplant I did I stunted the heck out of one and now it’s short…

2 Likes

Holes would be an excellent addition to your pots :slight_smile: Assuming you’re talking plastic and not fabric.

If water sits at the bottom it can/will start to drown/rot your roots.

Also, if you drill holes, which is what I might do in this case, be cautions water might come out and you’re holding a power tool.

6 Likes

and you were using Folgers containers?

do you have a drill to make holes with?

a sharp pointed screwdriver and a candle to heat the tip and melt a hole thru?

it doesn’t have to go in too far, just through the plastic.
go crazy, make holes on the sides, tip it and make more on the bottom…not too deep, please!

6 Likes

Thanks Matthew! Would it be dangerous for the plants to poke small holes in the bottom? I don’t want to damage roots but they are halfway through week 3 so I doubt the roots are too close to the bottom by now

1 Like

I feel the roots would be better off in the end if you gently put holes in the pot.

4 Likes

Yes! I can definitely do that great idea thanks man!

3 Likes

I ran into that issue one time and I actually just use a razor blade and cut slits in the bottom and the sides of the pot to allow it to breathe

4 Likes

Yeah I ended up just using a steak knife and cutting little holes around the bottom edge and placing them on a cooking sheet inside my grow box I figure for watering I’ll just take em out and hold over the sink to water drain em out a bit and put em back

1 Like

Did any water come out

1 Like

Oh yeah they drained nicely I didn’t make huge holes but I made em big enough to drain out most of the water

4 Likes

Sorry I got to the party late but yeah always need drainage bro
I recommend you grab some soft pots for next grow you can get a five pack on Amazon for less than 20 for 5gal size
But if you use plastic pots make sure you have plenty of drain hole also might want to pick up a soil moisture meter to help you determine when to water :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 You like to party late, don’t you😆

1 Like

Now that you can, you should check the pH of your runoff water to make sure it’s in the range you want. Good luck!

1 Like

Hahahaha I see typo now bro I fixed it
how’s everything been and my step children do well ?

1 Like

All is good, bro, your step kids are growing faster and taller than I can keep track of. Both are flowering too…yippee! But they’re both showing a bit of yellowing on the leaf tips, apparently because I was giving them nutes everyday, my bad, and they got nutrient burn a little. Think it’s under control now though. How’s things with you? You were expecting some new lights or something, no?

1 Like

All good yeah new lights and tents all good have my gorilla glue plants drying and new grow started I’ll tag you to my thread if I forgot to bro not much going on but it’s there
Nice :+1: your flowering need to see your pics when I get a min I’ll look for them on your thread

Gorilla glue…WTF!:joy:

3 Likes

GG is strong stuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With a name like that it better be! I wonder who comes up with these names?

3 Likes

Well, we can probably narrow it down to a stoner… lol

6 Likes