Got a question here. Most answers I found deal with outdoors. I’m indoors

End of month I have to be away with work. I leave the day after watering. But would not return to feed until five days. My question is if I stretch it out a day water when I leave. Will they be ok water Monday then Friday. I’d be in week 7. Whatcha y’all think. Aside from automating.

Thanks I’m advance for opinions.

O.o , how big is your plant ? Picture ,what stage ? Environment?

1 Like

What kind of medium or you growing in? If coco I dont think you can go that long with out food an water, soil, just depending, also environment does it get hot an humid, alot would have to go into consideration, how fast does it normally get dry?

After much research and debate around the same, I bought a RainPoint Wi-Fi irrigation setup from Amazon. Worked great during my last trip and I’m sure I’ll be using it again…

Some details in my grow journal. Roughly $50.

1 Like

Growing in fox farm of. The plants willl be in 7th week 8 by the time I get home.
4 plants. So this pic is at 37 days in flower.
Keep it 79-81 day 73-70 night. Co2 added. Not measured
@Randy_Marsh
@Unknown
Thanks for the tip @CygnusX1 ill look into it.

3 Likes

You are at or very near peak water consumption. I would expect if you wait 5 days, unless in a 10 or 15 gallon pot, you’ll come home to wilted plants. Even then I’d worry. My plants at that stage consume 1 1/2 to 2 gallons per day, each.

6 Likes

Yeah… so I was only dealing with one plant. The RainPoint may still be viable but maybe 2 of them at least. They come with plenty of hose and irrigation spikes but I’d want to test to see how evenly it waters across pots.

FWIW I put 3 spikes in one 5 gal pot.

1 Like

That’s what I was afraid of. First scrog third grow. I was feeding a gallon every other day in late flower last grow. And they were nothing compared to this run compared in size and thickness. :grimacing:

If this is something that may occur again you might as well invest in some means of watering remotely. Or do RDWC, or train up someone to water.

Agree with advised above - If you drenched them you could leave them like 5 day and they will be bone dry by then , saucer would help too- lowering the light hours would help too

1 Like

Mine swallow up 2 gallons per day due to their massive size. I am with @Myfriendis410 that they will be wilted.

Even with me using a 15 gallon fabric pots I don’t think I could go 2 days without watering. Problems growing Super Monsters.

I have my sister trained while I run a fireworks stand twice a year.

4 Likes

It’s gonna be a close call , do your notations on the times wet and dry periods , since it depends a lot in other factors , like light , even the plants I grow compared to @Myfriendis410 are gonna be more demanding due to the high standards they give their plants, I’m a new grower with some medium size plants, he grows Monsters

1 Like

You have a friend you can trust @Bg79

@Randy_Marsh
Yea man like said it’s two weeks away.
Could be on a more often feed by then guess I just freaked out because I don’t want it to go bad. And trying to plan for it. Hoping for monsters but beginner as well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
This forum is amazing with the help

Thanks y’all.

@Woodrow
I have a roommate but even me making his waters and feeds for his plant that I start and is healthy. Then give to him always end up crappy so !!!
Plus I’m anal on how I water them.
Prob need to get over it.

1 Like