Got a ? Are my seeds feminized?

I had 1 plant hermie from stress broke a main branch off when I dropped a light on it. It grew 2 pollen sacks. Killed it and burned on bonfire!!! Rest of my other plants have some seeds now are they feminized or not?

2 Likes

Do you know @Floridason by any chance?

3 Likes

@Paranorman Just on here though he only live 65 miles south of me

Oh you lucky guys in Florida man! I shoveled a foot of snow today, you guys were probably at the beach ! :angry:

The reason I ask is because that’s exactly what he does when he finds a male plant LOL

I think the seeds are female going by what I could read but I’d be interested to hear what others have to say as well

3 Likes

It’s still 36 out side now

1 Like

Oh well so much for the beach LOL

2 Likes

Yeah I just come in to warm up have a side job in my shop for some welding[Up
53 wedge car hauler been a recurring pain in the a**.
Bad design from start

This is more of a guess than a knowledgable answer, but id say those seeds won’t be feminized. Your plant that hermit’d grew pollen sacks, which in turn opened up and pollinated your other plants, which in turn, created seeds. I would imaging that this will create regular seeds, as its basically just a male pollen sack pollenating a female plant.

1 Like

Didn’t realize you were that close, neighbor.

The hermie trait may pass through those seeds. You could keep them as backup, but watch them closely.

33F right now. @Paranorman can have this cold back, huh? Lol…fortunately, we’ll be back in the upper 70s by the end of the week! :imp:

2 Likes

Sure rub it in! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

…when I heard him say he threw it right on the bonfire I thought of you immediately LOL too funny man, must be a Florida thing?

2 Likes

If those seeds are hermies I would throw them away, but if they’re stress-induced they should be female

1 Like

@FloridaSon the plant that hermied I broke 1 of the main branches when I dropped a light on it then it pollinated some of the others

@FloridaSon I’m around Lake city area

1 Like

So if you started with feminized seeds that was a stress hermie, so the seeds should be female from what I’ve come to understand ?

2 Likes

That’s what I have read too, but I don’t really trust it.

I closely watch each and every plant. It’s that psychosis I have to deal with concerning any sign of male. :smiling_imp:

I have some Blueberry autos and some feminized Sour Diesel along with the high yield mix pack, all from ILGM now. I trust the genetics, but will still keep a close watch. It’s just how I grow. Part of their CO2 treatment spending that much time hunting for signs. :wink:

One of my best accomplishments in growing is that I have only found 3 seeds total in the 10yrs that I’ve been growing. Ah! If I had only had this site then!!!

You know how it is, you better make sinse!..:imp:

2 Likes

I’ve only passed through there once. I was on a bus full of newly released convicts heading home from ACI West unit in Sneads.

All we saw was a store at I-75 where I bought my first legal 6pk of beer. Lol…21 finally and then find I don’t care to drink anymore! I’m glad I got the drinking out of me when I was young.

Nothing but fond memories of the area :wink:

1 Like

I landed here when I got out of the lake city work release 14 years ago myself

1 Like

I could be completely wrong here but I thought that only the plant that was stressed (eg. The one the light broke ) if it gets seeds they are almost always female but the ones that it pollinated will just be regular seeds @FloridaSon or @Paranorman is this correct?

1 Like

From what I recall it should be all female but maybe we can get our science officers to interject?

2 Likes

@Paranorman that would actually be a good thing . I am a little heavy on seeds right now but that might be handy in a year or two

2 Likes