Gorilla vs AC Infinity tents?

I believe the poles on the Gorilla tent are larger, using 1" diameter rods. Most competitors, that are good (AC Infinity, Spider Farmer) are using 3/4" poles. I believe that is the major difference.

1 Like

If the funds are good, buy quality.
If it’s a first start, save money with a cheap tent and use the savings on a better light, then stick to autoflowers until you figure it all out, then reset :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Highly recommend AC Infinity products. My online grow store only sells AC Infinity tents. We also provide some lower end alternatives, but you really do get what you pay for. Check out our site for recommendations - greenops.club

1 Like

@CC_Mo Does this discussion from last spring imply that you are finally getting a grow going?

1 Like

@merlin44 , I’ve still not made the commitment sadly. I’m here ever day lurking, following & learning but have yet to apply it. I like following you & several others & just can’t seem to stay away.
But I’m harmless tho! :blush:

2 Likes

A harmless canna-stalker. :rofl: :man_mage: I just got the impression that you were in the market for a grow tent. It appears that the conversation started last April.

2 Likes

@merlin44 , I was just seeking info. I actually grew plants in my bedroom back in the 80’s, highly illegal then. Cheap fluorescent lights. Didn’t know Jack about growing. But absolutely loved it.
I got them about a foot tall & pulled them out of paranoia. Looking back, that was crazy due to the other illegal thing’s floating around in that time of my life… I’m scaring myself just thinking about it now.
No kidding, watching yours & others grows evolve, it’s as if I’m actually growing myself.
So thanks for putting up with me! There’s a lot of good folks on here unlike any other forum I’ve seen by far.

3 Likes

You are a welcome a valued member of the community.

If and when you do get a grow going it will be one of the best first efforts ever. Unlike folks like me, you will start with a quiver full of arrows rather than no quiver at all. :grin:

6 Likes

I wish I had known this before. I’ve bought 3 tents from Gorilla over the years.

2 Likes

I honestly appreciate that comment @merlin44 . I’ve never felt not welcomed here & that’s great.
The internet can be a crappy place sometimes. Not here though.
I still remember the smells, coming home from work & going STRAIGHT to my room to check the plants, the love/care involved… So I absolutely get it when I see other people’s grows taking place & their thoughts & reactions. I’ve learned SO much being here.

5 Likes

I have an AC Infinity 5x5 tent. Ordered it during their Xmas sale for $179, and with ship and tax $235 to my door. This is a very good tent, and is one of the best investments that I have made.
I was looking at Gorilla tents but my basement ceiling height is only 7 foot 6 inches. The Gorilla will fit in a 8 foot ceiling, and I would have went with a Gorilla if it would have fit. So I went with a AC Infinity that is 80 inches tall. It would be great to have that extra space in the tent.

1 Like

I used to have a older vivosun 4x4… Was actually really good… All the zippers had extra wide blackout strips on the inside of all zippers… Stopped all light leaks at the zippers.

Unfortunately, they cut corners and don’t have those any more… I had bought two more sending each back due to defective zippers, stitching, didn’t fit over poles because the bad stitches.

I switched to AC infinity… I wish i would gave gotten the 5x5s rather than 4x4s other than that sturdy quality tents…

Got to get me a set of ac infinity mounting Bars to help with negative pressure suck in… 39.99 but s&h on their site is around $40…they have them on ebay bew from AC Infinity for free shipping. Not on Amazon yet.

You still could have used the gorilla, just without the one foot extension on the tent that comes with them, mines in my basement.

@Poseidon1, our house is built on floor trusses, and the finished basement ceiling height is 7 foot 8 inches. I looked at Gorilla’s lite line with the extension is 7 foot 7 inches. But they don’t offer it in a 5x5.
Gorilla is a little pricey, but they often run 30% off sales.

1 Like

@Poseidon1 How do you like your Gorilla tent?
I can tell that the AC Infinity is designed and tested by growers.

1 Like

I love it. Thick, durable 1680dd liner (original is). It is def more expensive then others but with american products you get what u pay for. Mine is 6’ 11" without the 1’ extension that is included. About 4 more inches to the floor joist.

2 Likes

Im sure the ac infinity tents are nice to. I just wanted the thickest and allegedly strongest

1 Like

Honestly after looking at pricing ant stats, says there 5x5 is 200$ at 2000d thickness. I would go with the ac infinity then as long as they are made here.

1 Like

@Poseidon1, was the gorilla very hard to set up? Would their design work with just one inch clearance on top, with the extension?
The way the AC Infinity unzips 3/4 of the way around the top makes it very easy to set up.

I have looked all over the AC Infinity tent and the instructions and cannot find a “made in” anywhere. I am certain that at their price point the products are imported. But they apparently maintain a high quality control.