Gorilla glue seedlings die off

From a fellow grower: Gorilla Glue Autoflower Of the ten total seeds received, all ten seemed to germinate fine. However, the seedlings which were produce are very weak, all but two seedlings have already died off. I am very frustrated because I’m an experienced (2 years) indoor grower, having harvested six crops successfully to date. I use high quality organic soil (Happy Frog by FoxFarm), LED lighting in a controlled environment grow room/tent.

• Strain: Gorilla Glue
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): Autoflower
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): Indoor
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): Soil, Happy Frog by FoxFarm
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.57
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): None, seedlings are too young to feed
  • Light type & schedule: LED lights, 14 hrs on, 10 hrs off
  • Temperatures day & night: 74 deg F day, 67 deg F night
  • Humidity day & night: 45-60% both day and night
  • Ventilation: extraction fan, vented outdoors
  • AC: none
  • Humidifier: none
  • De-humidifier: none
  • Co2: noneduds
2 Likes

One thing you might want to try is giving them more light. I would run 24 hrs on for the first week to week and a half. Then go to 18/6 through most of veg.
Also if you have a dome over your plants, that will help with humidity, which at this stage is where your plant does most of its feeding.
Along with the soil, the plants will feed off of its cotyledon leaves for the first 3 weeks roughly.

Watering close to the stem like it appears, will kill (drown) a plant in a heart beat. I would feed about 3” out from the plant after the cotyledon leaves start to die off.

I think if you try those few things it will help in the survival rate.
If you get a chance, view @Hellraiser threaad/journal. He’s got excellent advise!

Other folks may have other ideas at what works for them. May be something to think about.
Sorry for saying something you already know!
Good luck! :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Also, if you can get pictures in natural light, that would help see the plants better. Thanks!

2 Likes

Man ur on it. All i was gonna say uve said already. Watering away from baby plants is a must keeps it from damping off and dying. I would also throw on the veg switch in like a week if the otger 2 stay live so they have a bit more light just watch how close u put the light so not to burn. Autos are a paon in the butt to get going but once started they go like champs. I dont love autos but i like growing them. I do both autos and photos but seperate rooms. U gonna keep a journal going on here as they grow. If so ill tag along with ya. I love watching others grows as well as mine

3 Likes

I think :thinking: next time on you seeling stage use 20/4 light is go to keep your seeling healthy and happy

1 Like

Looks like seedlings are being watered right on the stem, that may be cause for them dying off.

4 Likes