Gorilla Glue newbee

I know it’s not the same for everyone. But my opinion is electricity is cheap in comparison. Feed, water, and tend to plants for 5-6 months and throw half of it out for bud rot and bug damage. No thanks, you can have all the sun you want and I’ll happily pay my electric bill and harvest nearly 3 grows in that amount of time.

2 Likes

Touch wood , but I don’t know if its where I’m
From but I’ve never had any bud root in the past three years iv grown outdoors @dbrn32

3 Likes

A joy you must have from growing on the other side of the world haha. You can grow however and wherever you want. I’ll stand by my statement until I move or something else significant changes.

2 Likes

I’d say gram for gram, indoors is better. But if you compare cost vs. effect it might get tricky.

How many oz would you get out of the three harvests?

Iv never done indoors before … one advantage I can see you can change up the strains @dbrn32

1 Like

200-300 grams dry per 3x3 every 8-10 weeks depending on what I was doing. 2 spaces that size, one would get harvested every month give or take. Electricity to run those two and my veg space would run about $50-$60 per month. 3 ounces would cover my electricity costs for the entire year.

2 Likes

Forgot thieves! Nothing worse than to work so hard & come home & theyre gone.

2 Likes

Ya that too!

2 Likes

Ok so here is my final set up ( I’m still waiting my batch of seeds btw) I lined the room with aluminum foil like I said I was goin to and installed a 70 cfm exhaust fan in the ceiling I have a small fan at the bottom of the door blowing upwards, bought some “happy frog” dirt and lined my pots with a small layer of pea gravel for proper drainage ( works great) and bought my light I will post the link of what I purchased it’s a small room so heat was becomeing an issue at 88 degrees so that’s when I installed the exhaust fan and now my temp is at a constant 75 degrees with humidity levels between 37 and 40 percent. My lights at and an adjustable track system (used for the old closet shelves) currently I have the light placed at 38” above the top of the pots. Is that too close or too high? I was concerned about “light bleaching” at least that’s what I read on different forums. I’ve been kinda obsessed with getting my grow room set up for optimal conditions. I’ve been working very long hours with my work and getting very little sleep getting the room ready for when my seeds arrive which will be tomorrow, ohh and btw I’m also purchasing a co2 thing that will supposedly last 3 month guess we will see any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :grin:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8X6C4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZriGCbCMYTKH6![image|281x500](upload://yBc2VKeolSbUiHfWolQEocNLNEl.jpeg)

38" may be a little high. Just watch your seedlings for stretch and adjust light as needed.

1 Like

Is the humidity ok?

37% is a little low. Do you have domes to put over your sprouts?

Currently no my seeds are still germinating in paper towels today is day two. Today I purchased a small cool mist humidifier hoping to raise the humidity. Once they germinate they will go into the pots, I will try to figure out a way to put a dome on them, any recommendations on what I should use for a dome?

1 Like

3 Likes

Ok update I went and purchased these covers for my pots now the humidity is at 75 and temp is steady at 81 what do you think?

4 Likes

Looking good. Your going to have a GG jungle soon.

3 Likes

That looks good. A lot of people will just bottoms off clear plastic bottles too.

2 Likes

Ok so last night I checked my seeds all but one germinated!! I bought 10, when I received them I could tell that one of the seeds wasn’t a mature seed (it was a pale green) and that’s the one that didn’t germinate. I’m going to email customer support and see if they will make it right by sending me a mature seed in place of the immature seed I was sent kinda disappointed that they would even send me that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I got a banana kush pack that was like that one, they started slow but all have been germinating

1 Like

Don’t see any immature seeds in the pic. All but one germinating is not a bad percentage!!