Gorilla Glue newbee

Any one have any luck with the Gorllia Glue? I’m waiting on my batch of seeds to arrive, I have experience with growing outdoors but not so much with indoors. I’m planning on germinating with the paper towel method (that’s what I’m used to) I have a 3x4 closet to turn into my grow room I will line walls with aluminum foil and I’m planning on using a 600w Led full spectrum light source with built in dual fans to keep light cool. I have a co2 generator, ph soil tester, and digital temp and humidity gauge. I’m just looking for some advice on here as I’ve read a lot of informative info from what seems like a lot of very creative and experienced growers. I’m sorry for such a long post, just wanted to give the run down on what I’m working with, ohh and btw (not that it’s important) but I’m not even a smoker ( due to my line of work), my wife is. I’m just looking to produce as much yield from my plants as possible to supplement my income during the times I’m laid off from work. Thank you for taking the time to read :grin: ohh and please be patient with me as I’m still trying to figure out how to work everything on this form page​:thinking:

1 Like

My gorilla glue plants are about two metres tall (outside) they are about a month till be ready and smell Devine, super easy to grow… you won’t be disappointed

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m not sure exactly which light you picked, but chances are it won’t provide the light density in that size space to justify running the co2 generator. I don’t know running it will hurt anything, but don’t go to extra expense to run it either.

If you got one of those probe type soil testers it may cause some frustration. Seems to for just about all of us anyway. When you can look into getting a digital ph and ppm meter if you don’t already have them on radar. Even the cheap ones seem to be better than those combo soil probes.

Don’t bother with the aluminum foil, some fresh clean flat white paint will do everything you need. What I didn’t see you mention was any exhaust or circulation fans for your space?

If you need specific help with plants, your space, or the forum just ask. Plenty of people around to help you out.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post! I live in southern ohio so outdoors this time of year isn’t feasible for me the low temp next week will be in the teens :cold_face:

1 Like

I live in New Zealand so our growing outside times are opposites to each other

1 Like

What light are you using? Chances are it won’t be enough for the space you’re in

No need to explain to me. I wouldn’t grow outdoors if I could.

2 Likes

Yes the combo probe type is what I have :man_shrugging:t3: I used it for my roses last year but since you mentioned it i will definitely look into purchasing a digital ph tester. As for the ventilation I was hoping the dual fans on the light I mentioned would stir up enough air so the air doesn’t become stagnant, if I can figure out how to post a pic of the light I will lol, I also have a window very close to the closet, the closet is actually located in my wife’s office in my house (it’s a small room). I’m not concerned about the smell of the plants or nosey neighbors I live in the county my closet neighbor is about a half a mile away, but I did think about installing a exhaust fan like the kind you have in a bathroom in the top of my

@dbrn32 what have you got against outdoor growing :joy:

1 Like

Not sure what the brand is, it it’s probably pulling less than 200w. Which is far below what you’ll require.
Damn blurple marketing strikes again.

What brand is it, can you post a link?

1 Like

Hmmm, no idea about that light, but I’ll wager its around 150-190w. Which isnt really enough for a 3’x4’ space.
You could probably grow 1smaller plant with it.
I wouldn’t waste time or money with co2 at this point.

@dbrn32 offers solid advice

1 Like

What would you recommend? I’d appreciate your help

1 Like

As far as outdoors… I’ve found it to be lacking in quality, but one can’t argue with the cost.

1 Like

In a 3’x4’ space, you’ve got 12sq ft. For a standard blurple light (like you have), you’d need 600 watts at the wall, (actual draw, not advertised). Or around 350-400 watts of quantum board/cob. @dbrn32 is our resident wizard if you want advice, give him specifics.

2 Likes

Rain, bugs, and legality lol.

3 Likes

Legal here
Neem keeps the bugs away
Rain… f$cking rain. God, it always rains in the fall here. I’ve lost so Much to bud rot. :-1:

1 Like

Maybe you should be called “ ilgm indoor
Grow mentor “

:joy::joy:

I prefer outdoor …

No electric bills

I removed your link because Walmart isn’t an approved vendor. Don’t sweat it, for future reference Amazon, dealzer, and aliexpress are good.

Those lights are advertised in a misleading way, and that’s putting it very nicely. If you’d like a good led light for 12 square foot grow it would be significant investment. I do a lot of DIY lights, that can help save some money. From an investment standpoint, they usually pay for themselves in the first harvest or two. Depending on your budget, a 600 watt hps light would be very good space too, and would easily outperform the led fixture you posted above.

2 Likes

I have to admit, outdoors grows seem to go easier with less issues (other than bud rot), but I find the quality of the bud to be less than indoor grows. Less density, less resin.

1 Like