Gorilla Glue Auto's - help with finishing

Hey everyone, I’m new to autoflowers and im doing an indoor grow in a mylar tent 4ft×4ft×6ft7in and using coco perlite 70/30 and using general hydroponics flora micro, gro and bloom and botanicare cal-mag plus. Im running a hydro crunch 1000w DE HPS HID set down to 600watt setting and timed at 18hrs on 6hrs off. I’m doing bruce banner auto, girl scout cookies extreme auto and gorilla glue auto. I started the first 3 (one of each strain) on April 5th and the next 6 on April 21st. I already harvested the girl scout cookies extreme autoflower and the bruce banner is in its last 4 or 5 days but i cant figure out why this gorilla glue is still so behind… below are photos of both gorilla glue autos. The smaller of the two looks like it’s actually going to finish before the larger one even though its 2 weeks younger. Is there something wrong with this larger one? Let me know what everyone thinks.

2 Likes

@BigMommaC just so you can understand its just not you on them trusted trio. They are notorious !

1 Like

Notorious for what, inconsistent finishing times? Its just strange and it makes me wonder whay im doing wrong. They’re supposed to be an 8 week flower but I’m running into my 10th week with the largest 2. Could it be a factor that they grew so much bigger than the others?

2 Likes

You aren’t necessarily doing anything wrong. The flowering times cited by breeders are little more than guidelines. Environmental factors and phenotype (individual plant genetic makeup) can lead actual flowering times to vary quite a bit. I’ve had supposed 8 week plants take 10 to 12 weeks before, and I’ve had others mature within the guideline at the cited 8 weeks.

We see this type of question quite a bit because actual times do vary. There is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

@Pfflynn did you count the first 2 weeks from the light switch from veg to flower?
If you did count those first two weeks , than you are just now going into week 8 of flower so in the next week or two they should be ready to harvest . Subtract 14 days from your flowering time and that’s how many weeks it’s been in bloom phase . Those first 2 weeks in a photo period plant is transitional days from veg to bloom and many growers count those two weeks as flower time and miss they harvest window by at least 2-4 weeks of bud weight everytime . Normally outdoors you start the flowering time once you start to see the Lil white pistils start spiking and spawning out and the plants will show they sex first before budding actually starts , so growing outdoors compared to indoors that 2 weeks gets over looked are miscalculated and most lose bud weight over all verses potency I think , but it can be a little of both total over all by 3 weeks is a substantial amount of growing time on an average of using 6 -8 hours of ambient light plants need to photosynthesis .

1 Like

@yoshi , good info but may confuse the poster as these are autoflower and there was no light flip.

1 Like

Pfflynn, my Gg4 was a tree, last year as my pics show. mine took additional weeks to flowering big buds and added more time for harvest. Hope it helps

2 Likes

HI!! So I don’t have any pro advice but I do have my own experience to draw from… so here it goes! :grimacing:

Honestly even as a first time grower :herb:… i am learning to take those ‘seed to harvest’ times with a grain of salt​:salt:… plants are living creatures and can be impacted by EVERYTHING… like every little thing​:flushed:… and these autos (I have a 13 week (7 weeks into flower is guess) blueberry auto :blueberries: I’m butting heads with right now :ram: ) they do their own thing man… the only reason I even count my weeks :abacus: is so I know approximately when and what nutes to use (based off the schedule… but I’ll be damned if that schedule takes into account how your plant WANTS to act regardless of grow time) and I use the weeks as an estimate of when I should start flushing (tho I truly rely on the pros here to walk me through cuz I’m a newbie​:nerd_face:)…
but even then; planning the flush on the last 2 weeks, you gotta watch those trichomes🔎 (if you even wanna flush, it seems to be a personal preference)

They’ll let you know when it’s getting ready :checkered_flag:. And EVEN THEN (seeing a pattern lol) even then… one day they might be clear and then BAM be super cloudy and milky the next and before you know it you’re like oh dang AMBER :round_pushpin::round_pushpin:! Time to go! :star2:

It’s like saying ‘oh the terrible 2’s are over and now the toddler is going to behave better’ HAHAHHAH HAHAHHAH yeeeaaa…. It’s a crap shoot sometimes.

I’m just trying to learn to read the plant and not necessarily the calendar :date:, If ya get my drift :smirk:??

But for real I think they look pretty darn good!! :star_struck::herb:

Here my Jill… she’s moody :cactus::maple_leaf: and her trichs are clear as glass :gem:

Starting my flush a touch early cuz I’ve been riding the damn nute burn, lockout, deficient or possibly excessive train for months now :persevere::unamused: :steam_locomotive: I’m ready to hop off and take a walk after this one :rofl::rofl:
Good luck! I’m excited to see how this goes!! Keep us updated! :v::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy growing! :sunflower:

1 Like

Awww look at those healthy leaves!! JEALOUS! Lol :star_struck::star_struck::pleading_face:

BigMommaC, I see your plant look great, Frustrations, and fluctuations is always around when growing marijuana. But I see you’re right there with me tri combs is clear just waiting for them them to turn amber. Then I’m going to flush and wait. Getting eager!
Uploading: B1BE0CB7-EB7D-4E55-BF37-C08EE7F4A0F6.jpeg…

1 Like

Nice!!! Lotsa colas! Do you train?? :steam_locomotive:
Yea the waiting game :face_with_spiral_eyes:. I’ve never harvested so I’m nervous! lol how to trim :scissors:how to dry :wind_face:how to cure :hourglass:… growers preference so it’s hard to get step by step help like leaf :leaves:problems or PH :sweat_drops: questions lol SOMEONE HOLD MY HAND :raised_hand::rofl:

My 1 big cola (no training for me this grow)

1 Like

Hey BigMommaC, ty yes just mostly on the Super lemon Mac, because it grows like a weed at 35%40 of my light. Oh yes! Wait and wait and wait! But your real close. I could be on here for hours telling you things I do want to suggest go to YouTube look at mr canucks, or mr growit, they will help you and explain to you how to cut dry cure and harvest your plants that way you fully understand it and also Mr. growit has a book for beginners. I hope this helps you. Oh and by the way plants looks real nice. This is Super lemon Mac

1 Like

Yea! I subscribed to mr canucks and I’m pretty sure I’ve watched a bit by mr growit too! Thanks for the advice on that! It’s exactly what I was looking for! Some video suggestions or posts on here with some good visuals lol
Your plants are gorgeous! How exciting! I’m hoping to stay green from start to finish next round! Received so much good info and help on my sorta journal I need to condense and reflect before I start again (Sorry we hijacked ur post for a sec @Pfflynn )

1 Like

That’s awesome no worries, BigMommaC, glad I could help, they’re very in structural videos and hands on. Ty, pretty flowers indeed you see lots of new growth on my plants that the 35/40 light, new growth. It all comes natural to me I’ve been doing this for so long, I use to grow on a military base back home, back home you get caught with a seed, you’re doing lots of time.

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! I bought a Mars hydro kit :sweat_smile: it actually works for me and my tiny hobby grow (1 plant at a time) so I wouldn’t know what to do with a badass system lol
Military? Thanks for your service :handshake::green_heart: Yeeeea I can’t imagine the bases being cool with any of that :laughing: oh no a seed, right?!? :woman_facepalming: As if that’s the biggest worry to be had lol

I moved recently to a lovely location that has legal rec use but I don’t know about home grows lol figured I’d give it the ol college try! I love plants to death :skull_and_crossbones: usually (literally) so the fact that Jills made it this far being as high maintenance as she is… I’m damn proud! :grin::grin:

1 Like

BigMommaC, oh no the 400.00 with the round light, i almost bought that system. I hope you get a bigger grow, by the looks of and the sound of your going have your system down pat with more plants. after doing lots of reading people’s reviews on tents, I bought all my stuff separate. Since all of my grows have been outside, and huge, I had to do research,not used to small grows. And the bubbler buckets, never paid attention to any of that. Your doing a fine job, keep it up.

1 Like

Yea it’s like the 600 one or whatever :sweat_smile::joy: but for real it’s working for me. I’m not looking to win any records with my grows. Just feels really neat to know exactly where my greens coming from… ME! :upside_down_face::upside_down_face: so fun! :woman_farmer::call_me_hand:t2:
Thanks for the encouragement! Means a lot! Can’t wait for the growing part to be second nature and I can start tweaking little things here and there for bigger better outcomes :wink::herb: been an adventure so far that’s for sure

BigMommaC, oh damn! Hope didn’t hurt the pocketbook. I’ve put a hurtin on mine, with all the extra stuff I bought, damn near 3 of everything, I mean everything thing. But I took the other system down, with help. We’ll that’s all that matters, you got this. No worries, just glad I could share the wealth, my sons helps me, but not for him. I will help out as much as I can. Once you get it down it’ll become second nature to you. 1 plant, I’m bending and twisting the shit out of her to get max flowers.

Blackjack before it got moved into the big tent, it was only going to give me 7 flowers, not happenin with me. Hope this helps you

1 Like

1 Like

Woah, yes this does help quite a bit. Thanks a million. My GGA looks really similar except for on mine most of the leaves have yellowed around the buds. I imagine thats just one of a series of variations of the specific genetics of that seed. Ill keep feeding her only 5.5-6.5 pH water and monitor the trichomes with my 1000x microscope. Ill post more pics next week if it isnt done yet or if it finishes before then ill post pics anyways. Thanks again eberyone! This forum is a life saver!

2 Likes