Gorilla Glue Auto Monkey Business

You’re doing all the right things. Keep taking careful notes. Let that inform your next cycle. I’d probably try adding even more light, bigger containers, and increased nutrients (in small increments).

1 Like

@Kilgoretrout no worries as everyone above stated… believe me you will be amazed at how much they will grow after the start of flower. I too was worried about mine when the same thing happened to me and they flowered really small but as you can see in my pics everything turned out awesome…:crossed_fingers::+1:

2 Likes

So I have 50watts per square foot right now. Would you recommend more light than that in the future?

1 Like

It will stretch out in flowering.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with their lights. If they’re as advertised you should be fine. I’d run 5-7 gallon pots next time.

1 Like

Would you happen to have any experience with organic dry amendments in soil? I would like to keep my grows natural and organic as much as possible.

Yes. I do have experience with organic dry amendments. How can I advise?

@KeystoneCops

The living soil I’m using (SoHum living soil) won’t have enough nutrients in a 3 gal pot to get me through ‘til harvest. The SoHum rep said I could top dress with a couple inches of fresh soil at 6 weeks, but I’m wondering what dry amendments might be more beneficial for my ladies as opposed to just adding fresh living soil. Or maybe I should just add the soil?

2 Likes

I’d top dress with SoHum. Next time I’d go with a much bigger pot. Soil seems expensive for what it is, but the return on investment is pretty great.

My go-to additives are blood meal, bone meal, Rock phosphate, and green sand. If you can find a local enzyme-rich tea, I’d look into that. Soil is almost always nutrient-rich; microbes that make the nutrients bioavailable allow you to get more out of “spent” soil. That’s the theory Jeff Lowenfels promotes, at least.

4 Likes

Thank for the information! I believe my local hydro entrepreneur sells his own teas, so I will for sure look into that!

2 Likes

It’s been about 4 days since I last posted and 4 days since I’ve seen the ladies! I gave each plant roughly 24oz of water before I left them unattended for the long weekend.
I noticed two issues once I got home and had a look inside the neglected tent. The first issue was what appeared to be symptoms of under watering. The leaves felt papery and the soil was bone dry. I abruptly watered each pot with 6.53 PH’d water until minimal run off.
Now for the troubling part. I noticed that the bottom set of leaves (the first single set of leaves after cotyledons) were pale yellow and they were easily removed from two of the plants with slight lateral applied force. The next two sets of leaves moving up from the bottom are lime green and will start to yellow soon if I don’t treat the issue.
I haven’t fed the plants as I am using SoHum’s water only living soil, but the plants are in 3 gallon pots and may be using up their nutrients. Next run I will use 5-7 gallon pots, but for now I’m stuck with the 3 gallon pots.
From what I ha e read on this forum and elsewhere, it seems like this issue might be a nitrogen deficiency? I will have to feed them during my next watering if that is the case. I will post pictures later today, but for now, does anyone have any suggestions/feedback?

@Hellraiser @KeystoneCops @Oldguy @MrPeat @dbrn32 @Cap_Ron @RandomlyRan

You know pictures are a must…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:
As I don’t have these issues, I should study up on yhe problems that can arise. Just need some motivation.

1 Like

Yellowing from bottom up sounds like nitrogen deficiency.

1 Like

Would blood meal be too aggressive?

I know I know haha. I’m working with my son on his school work at the moment. I will take some pics during lunch/recess.

3 Likes

I would ask @Budbrother. He seems to have excellent understanding of how organic ammendments work.

2 Likes

Hey @Budbrother tagging you in here bud. Any suggestions/feedback?

Blood meal should be fine. Obviously don’t go wild with it. Better to add more later than too much now.

1 Like

I have immediate access to worm castings. I believe that amendment is pretty rich in nitrogen. Any thoughts about top dressing with that? I will have to wait a few days to make the trip for blood meal, bone meal, etc

I don’t use blood meal.

For N i use alfalfa, worm castings, compost, fish emulsion, or insect frass

2 Likes