Gorilla Glue Auto Monkey Business

Ok (taking a big deep breath) I’ve been gone for a week. A good friend of mine plant sat for me. Here’s the result:

I’m not convinced that she actually watered my plants at all!!!

Since seeing this and assuming that it was something of a PH issue… my ‘calibrated’ PH pen from Amazon was off by +1.5PH! I picked up this puppy this afternoon:

I’ve since cleaned up the massive pile of dead leaves

Hopefully I can get these ladies through ‘til harvest! I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Here’s a pic of the defoliated plants:

1 Like

I’ll be taking that old PH pen out to the range this weekend (batteries removed of course). The least it could do is help me sight in my deer hunting rifle!

3 Likes

Oh! @shindig153, I forgot to ask you, did you apply to the VT attorney general to get real grain alcohol for your tincture? If not, it makes a hell of a difference. I would highly recommend it. You would have to go through the same process in NH. I’m not sure how close you are to the border.

1 Like

Just made a batch of tincture. We travel to Dartmouth fairly often so I just picked some up in Lebanon. It’s an interesting process. I had to ask for the 190 proof grain alcohol because it wasn’t on the shelf and then fill out a paper to explain what I was using it for. Interesting process and I made sure to buy a second bottle.

I didn’t realize I could apply in state. I’ll check it out. Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

Dartmouth huh? That’s right in my back yard!

1 Like

Yeah we go about once a month. My daughter had surgery to install a baclophin pump to treat for muscle spasticity about a year ago so we go for that. We’re preparing for double hip surgery soon. We’ll be there for almost a week.

I have a good friend from the Groton area so I’ve spent a little time around that area and a bit south of there into White River.

1 Like

Your daughter is in good hands at Hitchcock my friend! We’ve had quite a few experiences with CHaD because of my son’s condition. I wish you guys the best. Hit me up if you need anything during your stay!

1 Like

Here’s to the end of a wonderfully peaceful weekend. Just what the doctor ordered. I feel rejuvenated and centered, having spent Saturday at our friend’s ranch and the rest of the weekend with the beautiful Mrs Trout.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be!

5 Likes

I appreciate that.

Looks peaceful and always nice to spend some quality time with the Mrs.

2 Likes

We’re at week seven on the second run and things are looking quite a bit better than the first! All three plants started flowering pretty early, which made me nervous. I had one plant flower early during the first run and I only got an oz out of her. These three look like they’ll produce a bit more!

2 Likes

The center and left side plants recovered from the PH issue very well, but the little lady on the right… she took it pretty hard. The new growth on all three plants look healthy, but boy… I’m not all that thrilled with righty. Looks like I have another Dale on my hands.

2 Likes

The ladies are looking good and starting to fatten up. Sucks about the ph issue but looks like you’re back on track. Righty might be ugly but she’ll still be some fine smoke.:v:

2 Likes

Looking back at the ol’ journal, I realized that I never posted a finished product of the curved post and beam entry I was building. Well… here it is plus a few more pictures of stuff I’ve built recently:

6 Likes

It’s the end of week 8 at the Trout growery. The ladies are getting all fat and sassy for the fall months. Looks like some fresh smoke just in time for thanksgiving!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Looking great! Going to be some fine smoke.

1 Like

Sounds like bliss to me my friend, I’m happy to see that your ladies survived the perils of babysitting…
They look much better now.
Beautiful craftsmanship on the woodwork, I’m all thumbs myself, but can appreciate artistry when I see it.

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

2 Likes

Beautiful craftsmanship! You’re quite the finisher.

1 Like