Gorilla Glue #4 auto seedlings - ready to go in DWC?

I think he’s about to explain… haha!

1 Like

So 500 ppm is what your starting with…?
If thats the case then 700 isn’t a bad total with everything mixed in…
I would probably stay where you are for now…
Are you sure that your not running a 315 cmh with a 3500 or 4500 Kelvin bulb…
?
I’ve never heard of a 315 watt hps system …
But I’ve been wrong before…lol
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah - PPMs were 500 but I reduced them to high 200s with RO water. And you are right - CMH (bulb marked for veg. - came with flower bulb too) - I pasted the description below… I really like this light from my first grow in dirt - I also had 3 LEDs but need the Sun System to heat my grow box.
The Sun System® LEC® brand 315 Neutron Reflector utilizes cutting edge Light Emitting Ceramic® technology. This fixture is a remote style reflector for better versatility in your growing area. It has a highly reflective textured aluminum insert for excellent output, uniformity and diffusion. Horizontal lamp configuration allows for a lighter more compact fixture. Designed specifically for highly efficient agriculturally engineered CDM-T Elite 315 Agro Lamp (not included). This fixture is compatible for use with the Sun System® Galaxy® LEC® and Sun System® 1 LEC® brand remote ballast. Integrated PGZX socket that will not accept non-open-rated lamps. Includes an attached 15 ft lamp cord. Powder-coated galvanized steel housing. This is a non air-cooled hood that does not accept glass. US Patent Pending: 29/583,006 and Chinese Patent Pending: 201630597972.3. Eye Hortilux CMH315 lamp will not fit into the LEC Neutron reflector (the lamp jacket is too long).

2 Likes

Any ideas on why my second GG#4 plant is growing slower than the first one? Root growth looks great for both of them, but plant #2 leaves are curling down etc. We have had a cold snap and my DWC water got down to 16 before I noticed. Now maintaining at around 18C. But if too cold water - both would droop? My PPMs are still high at 1000 - I could drop those with some fresh water but the first plant is thriving with PPMs at that level. The only thing different is #2 is closer to an outside wall in my garage and perhaps the temp is colder there? That does not seem right either given the temp in the grow tent as can seen in the pic. PH looks great at 5.86. I’m perplexed, lol.

2 Likes

From what I’ve experienced and have read, some plants of the same strain just grow dif.
Looking good!

1 Like

Appreciate it - just wanted to make sure it was not an early sign of something. I’m trying to get better and identifying problems early… #1 is noticeably growing daily :star_struck:

1 Like

Its hard to say…
Some plants just grow differently sometimes…
It sounds like everything is equal…
Is your air stone in the middle of tote , or is it more on the side of the plant thats doing better…?

2 Likes

#2 seems to have needed more humidity and a little homemade CO2 seems to have perked it up… My water is popping - bought a commercial air pump with multiple outlets so I have 3 stones in there… :heart_eyes:
Both of them were stunted by some DWC rookie mistakes, seems like #2 is just taking longer to recover and take off. This cold snap also is wicked in Tejas and my shop is cold. Tent is warm but I’m wondering if it is pissed being closer to the air intake…

2 Likes

Any tips on how to add nutrients without spiking my PPMs? I am still surprised that my PPMs remain high with as little nutrients added. I did add some cal-mag and I have been adding hydroguard with water changes (usually 1 gallon out of the 10 gal vessel). My ladies are handling the high PPMs fine but I am think I am missing something. PH has held solid around 5.8-6. This sounds dumb - but how do you guys add nutes. Really diluted with the water changes? I know I am adding too much nutes, but I am on the low end of the rec and PPMs stay high. My stick seems to working - my RO water has 20 PPM reading - but I cut my DWC water with fresh and PPMs remain high around 1300. Again - plants are growing good now - just don’t want to eventually burn them with too high nutes :handshake:

1 Like

Your adding too many nutrients…
You said it yourself…
To high ppm…
Maybe…
What all are you feeding them… ?
You want a balanced diet…
Some ppm can read a little high , but its because your giving them enough of everything or maybe your giving them too much of one thing…
Hard to say without more info…

1 Like

Here is the feeding schedule I had been following - but cut it in half and now stopped because my PPMs are still around 1200. And my PH seems to be creeping up - was 6.3 this morning when use to run about 5.8 pretty stable. Other than the FloraGrow - I have only added a little cal-mag - about 5 cap fulls per weekly water change - but I stopped that too waiting for PPMs to come down without swapping out some water for pure water - no nutes. Hydroguard, and that is it. Appreciate any advice. Is it possible to have too much beneficial bacteria and that is what is spiking my PPMs?

Are you in hydro , meaning water only , or are you using coco or something like that…
I’m trying to figure out why your using a drain to waste nutrient schedule… :thinking:
That could be why your having issues…
Drain to waste is really ment for coco and flood and drain kinda programs …
Dwc and rdwc is a different kind of thing and requires a different feeding schedule…
Things will tend to be more concentrated in dwc or rdwc and drain to waste will be a less concentrated thing so that build up of nutrients and constant flushing doesn’t become an issue… :+1:
@IKnowURider
Tag me like I did you when responding , for some reason I’m not getting my notifications even when set to watching… :+1:

1 Like

@peachfuzz - I am water only. Seeds were planted on Raped Root starters, then into clay pebbles in baskets. I feel really dumb and may have gotten away with a mistake as the plants still look good to me. But they seem like they are hungry - just looking at the color of the leaves. Ignore the burnt leaves - light was reflecting off plastic homemade CO2 generator of yeast and sugar… Roots look great, no bad smells, PH has been creeping up slowly PPMs remain high around 1200 - but I did manage to add cal mag yesterday without raising PPMs more than 50 from measurement before adding cal-mag. I may be getting it?

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @dbrn32 @HappyHydroGrower I am beginning to think my first DWC is a series of mishaps and mistakes :thinking:

Now they have survived a pump for the cooler breakdown, water temps reaching high 80sF for a couple of hours with heater malfunction (growing in cold garage), and on… BUT, they are alive 6 weeks after seedling sprout on 1/18. Any recs on the spots on the leaves. My guess is cal deficiency and wet rubbing (maybe fungus) of leaves from being too bushy? PPMs are still high but baseline was 500 - running 1600s now. PH fluctuates 5.5 to 7 but sitting at 6.8 at the moment. One question - should I worry about PPMs getting too high with adding more cal-mag? They seem more nute deficient to me rather than nute burnt? Appreciate the tutoring :handshake:

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

I would try to get ppm’s down to around 950 with the additional cal-mag…
Your ppm’s are really high…
What’s your humidity like…?

Humidity fluctuates between 25 and 50% - average is probably 40%. I did switch to RO water - my tap water was at 500PPM after running it through a charcol filter jug… Do you think the spots could be nute burn? :fist:

1 Like

@peachfuzz

1 Like