Gorilla Glue #4 auto seedlings - ready to go in DWC?

Hello - first time DWC. I’ve read and learned a lot from this forum - thank you!

1. HPS 315W, Folys LED 1000W, 1000W Bloomspec LED
  2. 20 gallon res, 2 plants, Hydroguard and FloraBloom fertilizer
  3. PH 5.5, PPMs 500
  4. Big arse bubbler and airstone.

Questions:

1. Are these ready, gig enough, to go in the DWC?
  2. Should the water be about 2 inches from bottom of basket? I
1 Like

Not til u see roots at the bottom of the the net pot . Until then top feed.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I put mine in the totes when I have the third set of leaves on them with water 2” below the netpot. Water will still bubble up on the net pots enough to get to the roots. :+1:t2::v:

2 Likes

I really appreciate it. These GG seedlings are a tad sensitive. But they are still alive and almost ready to in - I had another set back when I scotched them with an LED - went back to CFL and they are looking healthier again. Having a seedling is like having a new puppy.

1 Like

And @HappyHydroGrower
Either one of you have any recs for my lumens? I had a really hard time getting them to root in the Rapid Rooter. Either too dry or wet. But I finally have the roots growing in the DWC (details in first post of this thread) and some healthy looking new growth. The are battle worn - but I think they are going to make it in the DWC. My 315 HPS light is about 18 inches above the plants now. Are my Lumens too high? = 29,270? I appreciate both of your help!

Here is what I found via google …

GROWTH STAGE FOOT CANDLES (LUMENS) LUX HRS OF LIGHT
Seedlings 4000
Clones 4000
Vegetative stage 27, 000
Flowering Stage 107, 500 (seems too high to me)

I would not have a clue. Maybe @dbrn32 can shed some light to your question.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem there, as long as canopy temps are in order and plants have been hardened off a little. Most will try to flower around 60,000 lux.

2 Likes

Thanks @HappyHydroGrower

dbrn32 - appreciate it - the canopy temp does get 86F. I’ll aim a fan at the light to try to cool the canopy. I overlooked this - I thought it was “light burn” problem - but may be heat :handshake:

2 Likes

Are you using any cal mag? They look a little nute burned or just cal mag starved… maybe?

So far I only have the PPMs at about 700. So far nothing but FloraBloom (three different bottles) and Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant. Maybe they need some more nutrients? and I’ll add some cal mag soon. Do you cut the dose of cal mag since they are so young? Sorry for all the Qs - 1st DWC makes me nervous - does not seem possible, lol.

1 Like

You might want to dial the nutes down to around 450 ish. I would add about a 1/2 tsp / gal. of cal mag.
I’m not sure if the flora bloom is the same as trio.
Maybe @peachfuzz could share some of his knowledge.

1 Like

I’m stoned - had the wrong name - running General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer set. And will dilute the nutes down a bit - I’m not very good at titrating PPMs yet. 20 gallon is nice so I only need to mess with one - but seems hard to get the ppms where I want them.

1 Like

Just checked the PPMs - still around 700 - kinda surprised - that is what it was at 2 days ago. PH 5.9, water is held with chiller at 18.9C

1 Like

You should really only be around 200 to 275 ppm at such a young age… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Update - I

lowered the PPMs to 300, had them a little lower - but just a little cal-mag brought them up to 700 now. 3 weeks old. Here is an updated pic - they are slow to take off with growth but I am getting really nice explosion of root development the past week. They reach the water now - longest is probably 6-8 inches. Am I ready to start feeding more? Or are my PPM already too high at 700 now? Water temp is 18c constant, HPS light 315W, 20 gal vessel. Really struggling to keep humidity up so I have been covering with clear plastic cup for a few hrs a day - they seem to love the extra humidity. I live in a desert. :handshake:

1 Like

That new growth looks great! Good job nursing them girls back to health. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

Appreciate it, I think I should have saved the GG seeds for my second DWC grow. Steep learning curve. The water is looking great and smells neutral. I think I made it past the first rough spot. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No , stay where you are with ppm’s, I might even drop it a little more…
What’s your starting ppm again…?
I don’t remember…
Your running a 315 cmh …
You should be around 24" to 36" depending on heat…
If your light is higher than 24" or at that height , you can mist your plants with good ph’d water to raise the humidity and it shouldn’t hurt anything , even with lights on…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

My starting ppms were around 500 - filtered tap water. Got them down for a week and that helped a lot - but added cal mag and some nutrients thinking they were hungry given the good root growth. Is 500 a good target?
I have my light 18 inches with a fan blowing at the light so the temps are not too bad - 30C. They are not stretching so maybe I should pull it up a bit. My light is a 315 HPS with the ballast in the hood so heat is a lot but in a cold garage… Running a trickle water fountain has brought humidity up to 30%. I like the lite misting idea. Thanks for the help :fist_right:

2 Likes