Good two or three part nutrient system

I’m done with Nectar of the gods system. What is a current good simple and effective nutrient system? Something I can premix at 5 gal. at a time or a dry amendment system. Back when I was working I used Bloom City dry amendment but it always seemed lacking. Retired now and thought I would try other stuff. But have found out I just flat out don’t care to mess with all the stupid mad science crap. And honestly most of this crap fufu hybrid weed we have now isn’t worth much effort IMHO. I’m a soil photo grower and every once in a while a photo coco grow. Rarely do autos. Thank You!

1 Like

I use and recommend General Hydroponics Flora series for my hydro grow…Jacks is another I hear growers using but I have not used it

1 Like

If I were to start over and just go as basic as possible I would probably just use bio-live, kelp and humic acid as a dry amendment. Mix alittle in with the soil prior to planting. I would also sprinkle alittle on top of the soil through the grow. Switching out the kelp for bone meal during flower.
I would also use a fish/crab/shrimp and some calmag during veg. (Mixed with water in that 5 gallon bucket of course). I would then switch out the fish/crab/shrimp during flower and add molasses. Keeping the cal/mag durring flower also.
Sounds like a lot but it’s really only a few organic items. :wink:

1 Like

Im having good luck so far with Gaia Green dry nutrients and only top dressing the soil!

1 Like

Hey @Blastfact , I got tired of messing with 8 different bottles and ever changing formulas in the Nectar for the Gods line.
I think the product line is fine but waaaay too much work and a bit expensive in the long run.
I now use Jacks 321. I also see that Greenleaf Nutrients has a simple 2 part A&B dry system. I want to try it but I have 50lbs of Jacks in house so I’m set for like 10 years…Lol
Have heard good things about Earth Dust as a dry amendment too. Never tried it personally tho.
Greenleaf 2 part…

Part B is Just Calcium Nitrate and can be purchased anywhere

1 Like

Looking at the Gaia Green right now!

1 Like

I have a email in right now with Jacks to see what they come back with…

2 Likes

I think for 40 bucks they will test and design a formula for your actual tap water.
The Jacks company that is.

1 Like

This grow I’ve only used the 444 veg nutes and switched to the 284 flowering nutes.

Also have been using their glacier rock powder to help add magnesium.

Only other thing i use is i mix some Recharge powder into the water once every other week

1 Like

Hi all. I am testion out the Gold Leaf Fertilizer on 3 plants. It almost seems too easy. Add it every 3rd watering. No checks of ph or ppm. So far at 8 weeks in veg, they are doing great. Check out my post on ‘gold leaf fert test’.

3 Likes

I use happy frog soil mixed with perlite and fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3 per the instructions on the package. Then top dress with the fruit and flower after about 6 weeks. Then once a month after that if necessary, and that’s it other than ph’ing your water. I also mix some worm castings in when I’m filling my pots. I also use a little bio thrive bloom during flowering.

5 Likes

@Storm and @MeEasy have some great grows in Earth Dust. Simple feeding program/solution?? Jack’s A&B. Easy to mix, easy to adjust if need, very forgiving, cheap AF (6lb kit on eBay - $26) and it lasts a long time.

3 Likes

I discovered Jacks 4 grows ago. Since then its feed, water, feed, water, harvest , smoke. easy peasy, no issues anywhere.

3 Likes

My wife commented she hadn’t seen me running around in circles pulling my hair out in over a year.

2 Likes

There is no varieties anymore. Just a bunch of hybrid crap fufu weed that has to be concentrated to get stoned on. Been watching weed go down hill for the last 20 years. In the last 10 years it’s been a massive nose dive. Many of my old grow buddies have idled there grows unless it’s a old school landstrain. I would be asking them for simple but effective ferts and there inputs, but most have shut down. Not worth there time to grow modern bunk weed.

Been smoking weed for like 25 years. The weed has never been as good as it is right now. 20 years ago 29% thc was unheard of. What do you mean fru fru?

2 Likes

OK I’ve ordered a Gaia Green kit and some recharge. Should be more than enough to finish out this ATF grow. Just started a Auto grow. Just talked to a buddy that’s been planning a landstrain trip for a year now. He should be leaving this Monday for his trip, thank god!

FUFU candy ass bunk weed. Been growing since the 5th grade now 61. It looks good, smells good, smokes good and can produce good. But you pretty much have to concentrate it to get stoned because it’s candy ass hybrid crap weed. I give most of my grows away anymore. And they rave! Then I give them a small Columbian Gold bud grown from 1975 bag seed and they think it’s laced with addictive narcs or some synthetic lab stuff because there now stoned out of there gord in a few hits and need to chill.

1 Like

That’s weird considering that THC levels back then were mad low, from like 3-6%.

@Blastfact I am curious why you asked a question on this forum?
I am reading all your comments and your ability to grow from seeds from 1975…you are truly past all of our abilities