Good site for grow tent kits

Hey Guys, curious if anyone has a solid site for grow tent kits? Appreciate the help

2 Likes

Tent preferences vary Vivosun , Mars, gorilla all good products. Main consideration is size and length of use. Vivosun is cheaper price but not as strong as a gorilla, Mars falls in the middle. Like I bought a 2x4 Vivosun to start but eventually will change to a bigger tent or maybe build a actual room.

1 Like

I would stay away from a kit. I know pushing buy now once is attractive but I have never seen a kit that had all good items in it.

8 Likes

So should I do my own build?

3 Likes

The biggest issue I see with the kits is cheap lights.

3 Likes

I already have a Agro T5 high output grow light. 2 foot 4 bulb

So you are just needing a tent and fan combo? There are partial kits just tent and fan with decent products like my tent came with a fan 6 inch with 400 cfm fan. That’s not too of the line but adequate.
I’m not familiar with your light set up but that’s a massive issue on every forum post.

1 Like

I believe it’s a solid light. I’m just not certain if it’s suitable for all stages of the grow, how many plants it could sustain, its footprint, etc…unfortunately all this is new to me. I’m planning it for the fall-winter, so I’m trying to gather knowledge a bit in advance

You should avoid most kits. Even though it’s a little more difficult to buy everything separately you can be sure that you are getting what you actually need and the level of quality at a price point that you can afford. Also you have the best resource available, this forum. :+1:

5 Likes

I did! I knocked up a timber frame, then I brought a load of the car sun shield reflectors abs used staple gun to the timber frame. It has come up a treat!

5 Likes

Lol. I can’t stop laughing. :joy::joy::joy: Legit too, you can see the cutout that goes behind the rearview mirror. I was just talking about that yesterday. That reflective bubble material comes in rolls too.

3 Likes

I used a big roll of mylar when I was in a small closet. It works pretty well too.

I agree with the others on the kits. The lights and fans that come with the kits aren’t very high quality. I just bought good tents and put in HLG and AC Infinity and it’s all been productive and trouble free.

3 Likes

Lots of ideas and methods comes down to your budget.

1 Like

You need to determine the tent size first. Then we can discuss lights.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to do 2-3 plants, so nothing crazy.

1 Like

I squeezed 3 into a 2x4x5 but 2 is a better fit

1 Like

You can grow 2 or 3 in a 2x4. But like many things in life, go with a little more than what you think you need. For 2 or 3 plants I would go with a 4x4. Also regardless of how much footage, what ever you get try to get a tent that is at least 7 foot tall.

2 Likes

I would not go any smaller than 2x4.

1 Like

Would the agrobrite t5 florescent grow light work in a 5x5? It’s a 2 foot 4 bulb light. Do you guys recommend going for a cheaper tent, then using the excess funds on ventilation and lighting (if my light isnt sufficient)

1 Like

Im not a light guru, but when I see fluorescent, I say no it won’t.

@dbrn32 has coached 1000’s on lighting, he’s your man.

1 Like