Good problem to have maybe?

I am 100% NOT gloating here with this issue, but at this stage I am seriously concerned I don’t have enough tent for these 4 autos to fill out into.

I have them in a 3 ft x 3 ft tent. The only one I have. I think I have plenty of light at 210W input full spectrum LED

What happens if they all get crowded out? Should I cull one or more to max out the overall yield? What else can be done or am I worrying about nothing??!!

4 Likes

Ride it out and grow fewer plants next time.

3 Likes

Looks good to me. I don’t think you will have a problem. nothing wrong with a wall to wall tent. Looks like you have space to to move them away from each other a bit.

:v:t3::sunglasses::dash::dash:

8 Likes

I do like the idea of just letting it run its course… hate the idea of having to kill one them . That would be a sad day.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried if i were you. You got this. They should do well in that space.

2 Likes

Plants looks great, space will get tight but I would stick with them . See how it works for you. Good luck !

1 Like

Looks good to me, I think you have room for a solo size girl in the center :joy: just make sure the air is moving

1 Like

I have 2 clip on fans running at high speed and it looks good at least to me it does.

1 Like

Hey low, what is netting material?

https://www.amazon.com/AUSTOR-Heavy-Duty-Trellis-Climbing-Vegetables/dp/B087F8S61L/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?crid=22QXEHLM7SEJD&dchild=1&keywords=trellis+netting&qid=1632086152&sprefix=trellis+&sr=8-18

This is what I used in that picture and cut to size.

The pink string is just there to keep the bud from leaning out of the tent when I open it.

1 Like

I’m sure you will be fine with a little training but I’d definitely be looking to add more light if you want dense buds. You should shoot for 30 watts per square foot. A 4x4 room is 16’ so 480 watts is the sweet spot.
Before anyone gets a chapped ass I didn’t say you couldn’t do it with less watts. I’ve grow with around 15 watts per ft and never grew the buds i was after.

2 Likes

I have 210 watts input for my 3x3 so by your method that sounds like 270 needed . So I am reasonably close but on the low side

As it’s my first grow, not killing them and yielding just 1 oz. per plant would be a win for me in all honesty LOL

4 Likes

My bad I thought you said 4x4 as you can see from my math. You shouldn’t have a problem getting 1 oz per plant. I can tell you from experience that you should definitely strip off the bottom 3rd of the plant down to the stems. Especially important when growing with lower wattage. Those lower buds will suck up resources but never ripen or amount to anything after drying.

2 Likes

Was sort of planning to do that…but did not know when. Do I strip them off now at the first week of flowering or later?

Again, they are autos.

With photos i do it a week before flower then again after week 3 but autos can be tricky. I wouldnt suggest a newer grow do anything other than LST with autos. Anytime I’ve done any pruning and defoliation on autos it was when the buds just started forming.

1 Like

Sounds like I am okay where I am then. So far have just pulled off maybe 4 or 5 leaves per plant that were in the way of buds .

2 Likes

3x3 only two plants. I’m with @Low. Full house - no wasted space. First day or two of transitioning to flower.

Keep the bottoms clean and give them lots of air movement

3 Likes

Good Golly, Miss Molly… that’s quite a canopy!

You could build some scrog screens

I’m with ya on that. Alive to the end and nicely smokeable are worthy goals.