Good or Bad Idea?

I have only 2 seedlings right now, about 3 days since theyve sprouted above the surface of the soil. They are just over an inch tall. Would it be a bad idea to start 2 more autos? I have 2 SF2000 in my 4x4 space.
Could i have 2 under one light and the other 2 under the other?
Also, when should i start raising my lights and turning them up? Thanks

For autos yea that’s more then enough light and space for them just be careful with the fresh seedlings in so much light so I’d start them on the edges of the tent and if they lean towards bring them closer

2 Likes

I have both lights on but dimmed down to the lowest setting. And approx 18" from the plants. They seem to be going great so far. They don’t seem to be stretching or washed out. Should I just use the one light with all 4 until they start to grow a little bigger? I’m also doing 24/0 with the exception of last night, I lost power due to weather. They only spend a maximum of 3 hours without light. I hope that didn’t mess things up.

I’m trying to think, but I can’t remember what’s the actual wattage 300 -400?

200 watts

1 Like

OK thx @merlin44 , then that’s 100 watts per foot yeah I would just use one. You sure you ain’t got a blurple in a box somewhere?

1 Like

Lol, I don’t have one. I did but I returned it after one of you guys told me it wasnt sufficient. I only have the 2 sf2000 now.
Also, are you saying it’s 200w per sq ft?

1 Like

I was saying they are 200 watts a piece so that’s 400 in a 4 foot space so 100 watts a foot if you used both that’s more a flower lighting. And I asked because that tends to be the fate of a blurple to grow up to be a seedling light

1 Like

A 4X4 is 16 square feet, so that means about 25 watts per square foot if you use both lights.

2 Likes

Ah I gotcha. So just the one would be good through veg for 4 plants, then use the 2 for flowering.

No use both during veg, just use 1 during seedling and early veg. Once the plants are potted up and take up the whole tent footprint and have some decent growth then run both just raise em up a bit. If you have a dimmer you can turn em down and keep the light lower, save a bit on power and wear on the driver and diodes. Your choice. You arent running a huge amount of power anyways.

2 Likes

I’m not worried about power consumption to be honest. Whatever is best for my plants right now. The lights to have dimmers. Im at like 20% right now for both lights at 18" high. Does it matter that I want to start 2 more right now? I have the space, and this is my first grow so I just started with 2. Id like to add 2 more.

Or should I just make it easy for myself and continue and finish the 2 I have?

No go ahead… may as well fill the space right?

1 Like

Right. Alright then thats what I’m gonna do. Thanks everyone.

1 Like