Good news for NH

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2017/72122/marijuana-decriminalization-bill-advances-new-hampshire-senate/

6 Likes

This… would be…:. FAN FREAKING TASTIC!!! I’m a NH resident if you couldn’t tell.

3 Likes

I am stoked! I like to hike and camp in NH and will no longer dread the drive in I95 between MA and ME as well!!

About time for the live free or die state!

3 Likes

Amen to that!

3 Likes

Just another example of a state doing the right thing guys
Congrats to all you NH residents
Woohoo :v:From NY :grin:CB

3 Likes

Imo it doesn’t go far enough. It’s still gonna be illegal in NH even if it passes. Its gonna be better than it was but I think if they issue a criminal citation they can still confiscate your MJ.

From the link:

As amended by the Senate, the penalty for possession of up to three-quarters of an ounce of marijuana would be reduced from a criminal misdemeanor, which is currently punishable by up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $2,000, to a civil violation punishable by a $100 fine for a first or second offense and a $300 fine for a third offense within three years of the first offense. A fourth offense within three years of the first offense could be charged as a class B misdemeanor without arrest or the possibility of jail time.

1 Like

It’s a start NY started in the same place @bob31
You not wrong but I think they do that to get peoples attitudes adjusted before going legal? Lol

1 Like

I hope so! See to get from the legal state of Maine to the legal state of NH you have to pass thru NH.

I would have preferred legalization but it is better than it was!

I really wanted to make sure that others realized that they can still be cited and their mj confiscated if under 3/4 of an ounce.

2 Likes

Agreed @bob31 it’s not enough but it’s a start. And makes it better for those traveling b/w ME and MA

2 Likes