Golgi apparatus

79-85F 45-50Rh lights 240x5 @ 18-22" :great air flow. watering when dry to runoff. 3 days.
Week 4 flower.
Fox farms nutrients.

pictures make it look much yellower due to lights. But there is discoloration.

So I have a some stuff going on with a few plants. yellowing on some top leaves. with tip curling up. none on the bottom. Some spots orange/red I took for cal/mag issues which i am seeing on some other plant as well. Good growth otherwise.

Plant 11:
this upper leaf discoloration I noticed is going back about 10-12 days. it has had a flush on the 14th.
ph in at 6.5-.6.1 with runoff numbers steady 6.0-6.1 .
noticed it getting worse after flush so gave a shot of nutrients @ 2/3 last watering thinking it maybe hungry after flush. ppm in/out 1350/1500.
Could this be light stress?

Plant 12: same environment as above.
this plant has some yellowing also. with same spots/ curling down and up leaves.
Same deal. saw the yellowing thought it might be hungry but after feeding got a little claw.
Ph. history in/out 6.5-6.6 / 6.0.-6.1 looking back ppm out on this plant prior to flush seemed to be getting higher.

Plant 5: not remotely close to looking as yellow as photo appears.

same tent.
same ph numbers roughly.
had higher Ppm runoff prior to flush.
some tips issues and red/orange spots.

Plant 8:
Same as above

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

@Zee @Hellraiser @Covertgrower
I also pulled the lights up a couple inches. That was another recent factor lowering them down to 18-20 from 24".

2 Likes

so I went to water #12 the one plant that is always dry a day before the others and realized they were all dry. most likely due to me bringing the rh down from in the high 50s to in the 40s. light pots fro the ones i could lightly lift. dirt pulling away from sides of pot and the moisture meter registered nothing and it normally runs high(dont count on it often)

As you can see from the above post I was having some issues with a few plants. So I have moved all the lights up to give them a break. Also afraid I am cooking my tops but i hope those are just brown pistils forming.

Anyway. I was just going to water the trouble plants with Ro and a bit of cal to get them back on track but I did the whole lot.

Ph’d water to in 6.5-6.8 Ph out:6.0-6.2 PPm in 350-400 PPm out 850-1100. some where holding on to a good amount of nutrients still so I gave them extra water to bring them down to a manageable level for next watering with nutrients.

One thing I noticed that they normally give me the droop when I water them. This watering didn’t even faze them and they stayed perky throughout.
Hopefully this fixes problems and doesn’t make any.

2 Likes

You’re on the right track!

1 Like

@Jackie_Daytona @Hellraiser Quick question for you guys, does your fan go off when it hits the low temp trigger?

I have my low temp set at 24C and the temp in my tent was 23C and she was still running I had to turn it off for the temp to go back up to 26C. Could there be a defect with mine?

1 Like

brotha. I havent had triggers on my cloudlines since shortly after first transplant into 2 gallon pots. They run 24/7. I’m a bit crowded you see. :rofl: I just watered or I would fiddle with but 12 pots full of water… If I turned the fan off I would be screwed. I never set a low temp. Just a high Rh and temp I think.

1 Like

lol makes sense. Well thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

Lots of good looking weed you got growing!

1 Like

thanks buddie. got a few issues going on but i think I can get it under control.

@dbrn32 if you dont mind do you know the temp my lights should be running at. The heatsinks on the 301b only boards are incredibly hot. Hotter than the mounted drivers outside the tent. Thank you

The thermal junction tenps on leds shouldn’t exceed 85c. That is really the only temp that matters. The warmer your heatsink is the more heat it’s pulling from leds, usually a good thing.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Ill check it out when i get home

1 Like

@Jackie_Daytona I’m in garage and fluke my heat sink. HLG 260 XL rspec @ full load is 80F with the driver mounted ( ambient temperature is 70F). I hope this helps you . Heat is a direct results of resistance in a circuit . As a person who install and repair heat is my number 1 enemy. High temps can cut the life of your product in half. I would keep a eye on it.

2 Likes

Yours seems too low

1 Like

My fluke is pretty accurate, maybe +/- 3F, my heat sink is a XL

1 Like

Variable, 6”-390 CFM exhaust, 3 6” fans , 6” - 240CFM intake

1 Like

@dbrn32 here are some more accurate readings .high temp is the heat sink next to the driver and the low temp is the heat sink above the QB board

4 Likes

Damn… I wouldn’t be surprised if my driver’s are running at like 160f. They are definitely too hot to touch for more than a sec but still a ways away from 212.

1 Like

my drivers run at 120- 130F these heatsink on my lights are 130F. I tried to get a good measurement yesterday but not sure if I did.

@Jackie_Daytona that is a 37 degree swing we must have different heatsinks . I thought you was running your drivers outside of the tent at 80 percent

1 Like