Golgi apparatus

As a beginner, myself, I topped my plant as the first form of training. Very easy method. It might seem like you’re hurting the plant or doing it wrong but everything will be fine from there and you’ll see a lot of growth and more top colas.

The other thing you can do is LST like the video I referenced earlier. Its very detailed and informative and Bill explains everything very clearly and makes it easy.

Good luck

3 Likes

I topped them all on the 19th jul

1 Like

Sorry if i missed that. Then you’re on your way to a lot of growth. Next thing I’d suggest is scrogging and supercropping

1 Like

The clawing and yellow tips are both a sign of a bit too much nitrogen. Ocean Forest can do that to the more sensiitive plants but should work itself out as the nutes in OF gets depleted a bit. Calmag can also add to that as well as it has a little nitrogen in it. May want to give the calmag a break for a while til some of the nutes in the soil get used up.

3 Likes

will do. I’ll cut back on the cal. maybe enough to give me a ph reading with the ro?

1 Like

well the 4x8 arrived. mail carrier didn’t even knock because we have both been waiting for it. Don’t really want it sitting on the porch for everyone to see. yet there it was when I opened the door.
clearly the box is damaged I dont even know if I want to open it

2 Likes

Or you can do 1/4 tap water with 3/4 RO to get something that can hold pH. It’s what I do when I don’t want to give anymore calmag. Or I use a silica/silicon supplement like Rhino Skin or Protekt which is beneficial (makes for stronger plants) and has no nitrogen.

3 Likes

I don’t really do much for training, other than topping, I clean up the bottom growth and remove sucker branches that start growing off your main branches in the bottom third of the plant. Also at that point, I start selectively removing large leaves that are on top of other branch tops so they can get more light and grow better, not too much leaf at once though, just a set here and there if they are in the way of other branch top growth.

4 Likes

Yes I was wondering when I should start cleaning up a few of the leafs up top.

I feel that If I was able to direct the branches where I want them to grow it would have a better outcome.

So lay off the cal for a watering and 1.4 tap with ro.

I probably didn’t even need the ro system . this is our water data. Well, last years I don’t have this years.

@Hellraiser

@Hellraiser or anyone really. I also have a fan question. I currently have the 6"intake 8"exhaust.

My intake comes in through a top port. I pull from down low and port it in and then shoot it in down low. This is the intake tube.

This is ok right? or should the end be higher? I did have it coming in through a bottom hole with a 6" reducer but that sucked. I hated stepping over the hose and it just seemed labored.

Also I have four 6" fans. in the photo you can see the 2 fans on the exhaust side of the tent. they blow back across the tent towards the intake. I have two more on the other side same place that blow to the exhaust. Is this stupid? should I just be blowing air towards the exhaust?

Should i maybe have two fans on the floor and two above the canopy blowing in the direction of the exhaust port?

any advice is appreciated.

3 Likes

the zippers on this vivosun tent leak light like a sieve. I can stand outside of the tent and see in through the zipper gaps. like see inside the tent lol. :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :poop: :poop: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thats why i cover mine with 2 sheets over it and a few towels for my peace of mind. I’ll be investing in a Gorilla tent next.

I would switch your exhaust and intake, put the exhaust towards the top so that it can exhaust all the heat and humidity above the canopy and put the intake at the bottom. I hang my exhaust from the top. straight to the hole and use ducting from outside the tent straight to my window. The intake i have the fine inside as well no ducting inside, just outside. The less bends you have in your ducting the better

3 Likes

exhaust is at the top. intake comes in at the top on the opposite side but vents down at the bottom with on slight bend

1 Like

Place the intake, inside the tent, at the bottom. Attach it to the intake hole with no ducting inside, only outside to vent out to where you would like to vent out to

2 Likes

Did a little cleanup and branch management on 9 of the plants. I got to looking at the plants and thought hey there’s some spots in there that are not getting any light and there are some leaves blocking potential bud sites as well as some not awesome looking leaves and schwaggy looking stuff that I hope wasnt going to amount to much because I got rid of it. :rofl:

So I gently moved some branches around and tied them to the sides of the pot with some soft wire tie and clothes pins I had on hand that I was using as bag clips.
Before we go any further I just want to say yes I broke another branch. Same plant as the other day opposite side. And I was be soooo careful. I slapped some natural raw honey on it and splinted it up. I didnt do anything else with this plant and I will probably leave it alone for a while.

Anyway. I was then able to see some what I hope was non productive leaves or older crappy leaves that needed to go. I clipped a few here and there not taking to much but exposing potential new growth. (I think)
I left some of the plants alone as I am not sure if I will train them a different way. I guess this is a low stress training. kinda. I just wanted to open them up and get some air in there. Nothing drastic

The ones I didnt touch

3 Likes

So this is where my intake is.

It goes up and in that 6" port. It then makes a slight bend and comes down here and vents around down by the plants.

I did this because I have no 6" ports on the bottom of the tent and Using a reducer sucks and Im not trying to step over flex tube 50 times a day. I get a really good flow of air how it’s setup.

Now here on the opposite side of the tent is where the exhaust is at the 8" port.

I don’t have the exhaust hung in the tent because frankly I don’t want to. I don’t want to lose the headroom and I don’t trust this tent to hold the filter. two separate people from ac Infinity said it was perfectly fine to set up like I have it and to just put the pre filter inside the filter so i stuck it outside. It has one slight bend in the flex tube but I certainly cant tell any cfm loss. 8" is a beast.

I get a good amount of air from the intake and an a great amount of neg pressure from the exhaust.
Now if moving the intake tube around on the inside of the tent will get me better air flow I have plenty of tube to play with.

I’ve also got some merv 8 filter media cut out so if I need to I can just slap it on the intake vent down below. the neg pressure holds it in place and the media will filter out some mold and other crap you dont want getting sucked into the tent.

And never mind the cable management. Iv’e been in there fiddling around and didnt tuck stuff back up before it was time to take the dogs out for a walk. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ll tag along here if u don’t mind, see i can learn me a thing or two.

3 Likes

So I got this going on on several leaves on some of the plants.

Thinking maybe to much cal mag during up pot the other day into Ocean Forest maybe.

i went 3 mil a gallon this last water. so to much or to little. not seeing it on every plant.

2 Likes

and here are the whole lot of them

I gotta get this calcium deal under control. Next go around I think I am going into all happy frog or something else so i can control the nutrients better.

Oh and the other 3 240s shipped finally. So i will be adding one toe the 4x8 for a total of 5 and 2 to the 4x4 whenever I get that up and running. One thing I need to get under control is the humidity. running the dehumidifier gets it but it’s either up or down. I need to get it leveled off so I dont have swings. which will mean being up super late monitoring things.

2 Likes

don’t mind at all. a few other good ones to check out are @Zee @Hellraiser @ashhhh just to name a few. lots of big guns helping out on those grows.

3 Likes