Golgi apparatus

I think that sounds reasonable to me as long as you have the small valve to control water flow so that it doesnt go everywhere and be a potential risk for mold.

If i had that setup, I would first test how much water i need to mix with my nutrients to reach ppm target. Once that is figured out. I will tailor the recipe based on the amount of water that each plant gets, for example: you reach your ppm target after you mix all the nutrients with 1 gallon of RO water. You have 12 plants and each plant takes about 2 cups of water which means you need 24 cups of water ready to be used for feeding

A gallon has 16 cups and our plants need 24 so to make things easier we will mix 2 gallons of water and multiple the amount of nutrients you add per gallon by 2 to reach the ppm target we need.
Ph your water you the preferred pH.

From there you’ll just use your measuring cup that you water with and scoop 2 cups of water for each plant

I hope this answer helps

1 Like

I got something for you just give me a moment to find it, its LST. Topping is very easy too but you have to keep in mind how tall and big you want your plant to be, because you can top more than once

1 Like

Here are a couple of tutorial videos on how to do LST by Bill Ward

you can follow up on the rest of his training with those plants from his next videos

I hope this helps

2 Likes

I’ve already topped them once on the 19th. I want to be able to fit 8 in there. that sounds like a reasonable number of healthy plants for that space. I’ll be looking into it today. I mean once they are in the net they are in the net for good right? maybe lst 4 in the 4x4? i dunno. I may have went a little big for my first grow but it is what it is and I have to figure it out asap.

I am adding another qb288 240w light as soon as it gets here next week hopefully for better coverage. They are covered ok right now but when they go into their bigger pots with 14 inch pot saucers they will be spread out so another light right down the middle outta cover it.

Im getting antsy over this shipment the lights are sitting on the ground in Hong Kong and I just want them in the air. Things arent looking awesome over there right now.

I haven’t done it, so not exactly sure. But looks like most use a float system.

Yes they are in the net for good once installed. @Myfriendis410 suggested a great idea to me which i will try to make for my next grow as I couldnt get it done on time for this current grow, sorry Myfriendis410. Take a look at his custom made scrogs. Its tailored to fit perfectly so you can move it outside the tent for maintenance if need be. I posted his post in his journal that shows it. Post #1,001

You can LST most of them, it does help with keeping the height down a bit at first and then you can use the screen to maintain heigh and spread them horizontally rather than vertically. With that being said supercropping will be essential

Im sorry to hear about that buddy. Hopefully it comes soon! wish I could help

2 Likes

I’m still doing old school watering with a gallon pitcher and a cup, have looked at some watering wand systems with hose to barrel and some kind of pump that is activated by a button/trigger on the wand but I find them too hard to control exactly how much water I am giving to each plant.

1 Like

I personally think it could mess things up, due to mechanical errors,especially if you rely on it. like @Hellraiser mentioned its hard to control exactly how much water you give your plants so I do it the old school way as well. It becomes a habit overtime and you can control your ppm first try without testing different amounts because you’ll be familiar with how much your plants need.

At first i used to have to add some water to my mix to bring down the ppm, than add more nutrient to bring the ppm up if it went too low, and play around like that until i reached the ppm i need. Now with what i know I just do it in a matter of a few minutes rather than 30 mins for example

I think sticking to a routine of your own like that will be best

2 Likes

Ill be in ocean forest for a hot minute after transplant on this run as I have several bags of it sitting here. also two bags of Happy frog. I might repot 4 into happy frog and go the nutes route and stick them in the 4x4 I still havent bought lol. and 8 into Ocean forest and no nutes for several weeks and see the difference. I really want a way to do easy watering in the OF and Flushes. 12 plants plus the others I am going to start soon is going to take a good amount of time watering. Not that I don’t like watering. It gives me a chance to look things over for the 100th time a day. But damn thats going to take a good amount of time.

So one of my plants was drooping and bone dry today the rest are starting to give me that look for the most part. Only been a couple days since last water. I decided to transplant to her final home in 5gal fabric.
I prepared the pot with a mix of OF and a little HF that was left from before and 30% added perlite basically left over from my last uppot from solo to 2 gal. also added mosquito bit

I layered in the soil to bring it to a good level and sprinkled in mykos on the bottom.

I took the plant in it’s 2 gal pot and gently squeezed around the pot to loosen her up. I tilted the pot sideways with my thumb and index finger holding the base of the stem where my fingers meet. I slowly slid the plant and soil out. As the plant came out i support the soil and roots with my other hand. And here she is. roots not awesome but didnt fall apart.

I placed her in the 5 gal fabric pot and whetted the sides of the soil. I then gently patted some mykos on the roots all the way around. I back filled the pot.
I then took my water which I added 6ml of calimagic to 2 gallons of water. I then took a tds reading 260. Ph’d to 6.5.

I watered the plant to run off. she took about 2 gallons and I got a good amount of run off. I put runoff water in a solo cup and let it sit to settle out. PPM of 1733 and PH of 5.5.

Do I need to re water and adjust the water going in so that I get 6.5 coming out? So 7.5 going in?

thanks for your advice. @Hellraiser @repins12 @Covertgrower @ashhhh

4 Likes

Great work Jackie! She looks nice. I have 0 experience with OF and HF, I’m only using Promix HP at the moment but I think this still applies to your medium, from what i know if youre trying to increase your run off’s pH you do increase your input’s pH

No need to re-water, you can just wait till she dries

2 Likes

I only put 6.5 ph water/nutes into the pot, 5.5 ph coming out is not a problem and in the “fine” range, runoff is normally .5 tp 1 ph below input water. I really don’t ever concern myself with what comes out, only what goes in.

3 Likes

@ashhhh @Hellraiser

Thanks for the input. I just want to make sure I am getting this right.

2 Likes

They say as long as your plant looks happy let her be and dont worry. Even if ppm is off or pH, the plant will do all the talking not the numbers. its good to take detailed notes when youre starting for future reference. Experienced growers tend not to worry much about that stuff as much later on down the road with the experience they gained. I bet you Hellraiser doesnt even measure his ppm input sometimes because he knows whats its going to come to because he’s super used to this by now. I tested myself one time with pH. I eye balled how much i’ll give her of pH down based on what ive been doing and my journal and once i measured the pH it was exactly what i was trying to reach

3 Likes

I keep a detailed journal at home. I was going to put it into a spread sheet. However I went from concert and theater production to sitting in front of a computer doing cost analysis and work flows for the better part of a year. So pen and paper it is.

2 Likes

Yeah I never check my ppms, I just add a certain number of ml’s of this, that and the other, mix well, ph as needed and apply, never check my runoff. No reason to chase numbers if plants are looking good and healthy and can lead you to think there are problems where none exist. Can also have you “fix” things that aren’t broken, often for the worse.

5 Likes

Exactly, plus each strain has its own genetics which plays a part in how much they consume of the nutrients you give. Some can only do well at a 750 ppm and some can be pushed to 1200. My grower’s anxiety is getting better the more i learn about Cannabis. Im starting to accept and appreciate how much of a resilient plant it is. I really cant get over it. You understand the plant better the more you look at it, and not so much the numbers

2 Likes

@Hellraiser I was reading over on @Zee thread first indoor grow beginner you recommended he use 2 cap fulls of big bloom when he transplants per gallon. I did not do that for my plant I transplanted today but when I do transplant the others(soon) should I go ahead and do that as well? Also wondering If I should keep at full strength or just smidge under with the cal for every watering with the RO. thanks

EDIT. and I just read three posts down on that thread and found my answers. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Big Bloom is a nice root stimulant when used by itself and being all organic is pretty mild and great for transplant watering. With the calmag, should use at full strength when any calcium or magnesium issues are visible but can cut down to about half for just a maintenance dose.

1 Like

perfect. thank you sir. I am just now reading all these post in @Zee journal. very informative.

2 Likes