Golgi apparatus

One of the reasons why i think Promix is my best choice at the moment. Very easy to handle. What do you think of it? any experience with it?

2 Likes

I’ve used Promix HP and liked it just fine but once I could not get it and bought Happy Frog and kinda stuck with that. I’d go back to Promix HP without complaint.

3 Likes

tds of my tap water is around 220-240. Ph out the tap is right around 7.9. Also for calcium 0-60 mg/l is considered soft 60+ hard ours is 60.1mg/l calcium. It has 34.2 mg per liter of magnesium. I think the minimum standard is 20. However there seems to be a lot of calcium in our water. When I boil water for tea, or anything for that matter I can see it in my glass kettle. I could probably not have got the Ro system and giant barrel for Ro water but I must have read some place to use Ro and decided I better get it.

1 Like

temps 76f Rh62-68 using dehumidifier to get them down to low 60s high 50s. Saw a few gnats in the tent. I have no doubt the mosquito bits will get them but I mixed in some DE anyway.Where the soil was still a little moist I used some dry soil mixed with DE and spread it about.

Lights shipped… yippie.

1 Like

Yeah that water is just over the threshold for what is recommended. Most people would say if the water is below 200 ppm, use it, otherwise go RO. Though you could probably do 1/2 tap and 1/2 RO to get down to 110-120 PPM and not use calmag at all.

2 Likes

I posted in here regarding soil compaction and leaves drooping already. temps 72-78 and Rh 58-68 .

I am seeing droop in some of the plants and when I pulled some out i noticed the bottoms on some of the pot are pretty compact feeling. I don’t know if this is normal or not. I am concerned about compaction and the roots not being able to spread out as well as water drainage.

@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @ashhhh @Arrow

1 Like

Seems pretty normal to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, seems normal.

1 Like

Are you serious? My tap water is only 170 ppm, but ive been buying distilled water and using a zero filter before that…AND supplementing CalMag…You tellin me I did all that for nothin?

2 Likes

As per the above…pretty normal, just remember when you build your “soil” to wash out things like perlite, before adding to your mix…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

I did not rinse my perlite. I rookie moved that . Shit.

2 Likes

LOL I was reading that like…Uh-oh. I didnt wash mine either…Im like…10 weeks in now…think its too late? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never rinsed my perlite.

1 Like

Don’t stress about it, you’ll be fine…just remember that the powder is not to be breathed, ( its glass obviously ) and it will accumulate in the bottom of your pot, with each watering, it becomes like a cement…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

I did the dumb thing and made a post about this over here also. @BobbyDigital is also giving some advice.

1 Like

Yea I can tell you breathing perlite is not something you want to do.

2 Likes

Yeah I try not to breath in the perlite dust, usually lift my shirt over my face during that mixing perlite into the soil process and stand up-wind as I usually do that in my back yard.

2 Likes

The easiest way is to poke some small holes in the bag all around and put the garden hose in the top…hope this helps someone…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Pretty normal, they’ll be fine.

1 Like

thanks! I just also read that in my frantic research of the last 20 minutes.

2 Likes