Golgi apparatus

With that many, you might want to flip them early. Sort of a sea of green style.
IMHO, while one can mix ocean forest and happy frog, ocean forest does very well by itself. The extended time provided by ffof without nutes more than makes up for the price differential.

1 Like

thank that sounds like a good idea.

Yesterday.
I picked up some hvac intake filter material and made filters for two of my passive intake vents. The reason for this was I am not sure how much negative space is to much. I have nothing to gauge against. As it is with my t6 running as a filtered intake on 6 and the T8 on setting 1 the sides are sucked in pretty good. The poles are not bending or anything. However I felt if I filtered air from the intakes at the bottom of the tent i could release a little pressure without having to turn the T6 up to much. I don’t need it sounding like a jet in my garage. That being said you cant even hear the T8 on one or 3 for that matter. Its done it’s job. I will however have to re-think this soon once I will be going to dark periods. Most likely will need to add some flex tube with bends to block light out.

Little bit going on today.
I picked up an aircare mini console evaporative humidifier. model mao800. it does get things humid. However, the highest it will go is 65. It will continue to humidify but no auto shut off above 60. I suppose most are like that and a inkbird is required. However this model will not turn back on and run once the power is turned off. It is also unwieldy. It has no wheels or handles and is meant to be sat on a table top or floor and be left to do its job. It must be carried from the bottom or it will fall into pieces otherwise.

I had it set up outside the tent to see if the passive intakes would suck in the humid air. I left it to run and the garage got quite humid the RH in the tent would not go above 72 though. I have also moved my office in the same space as the grow so i can keep a close eye on things and dont feel like sweating all day long.

So in the tent it went with a clip on fan for added air circulation. I programmed the two Cloudline units to turn on when RH reaches a set level. I set it low to 72 at first to ease things into the new wetter atmosphere and now have it set at 75Rh. The intake and exhaust units kick on at 76 Rh about every 3 minutes and run for approximately 30 seconds. The tent temps stays a constant 70-72F and 74-76RH. So far they are working perfectly in tandem. This seems great but not ideal.

I need a unit that will turn itself off at a set Rh or I can control with a external controller like an inkbird i believe. I also want something a little more portable.

Several of the sprouts have started growing their second set of leaves. :clap:

I also have one little mongoloid sprout I didn’t think would make it.

Turns out it just had a thin membrane keep the leaves from opening. I gently removed it and it came to life. However it is goofy looking.

Lights are at 128w at 18 inches not seeing to much stretch but i think I may see a little yellow. need to rest my eyes then ill take another look.

1 Like

I also pulled the plants for a few from the tent and did a peroxide wipe down of everything and let it air out. stepped in the tent earlier without putting my tent only flip flops on.

1 Like

Also one thing i was worried about was temp and rh control before i even started. It was 90f and 70Rh today and the grow space was nice and manageable. Once they get bigger I am sure it will be a ballet however.

Here is where they are at today. looks like we had a little growth in the leaves last night and some height :thinking:.

tent ran 72-74f and 65Rh with light at 120w at 18" for 6 hours over night.
Leaves look like maybe a little to much moisture. Stems look a little thin possibly. Used a pipe cleaner to straighten one up. It had a slight bend inward from the outside of the tray. IM wondering if I should bring in some lower wattage bulbs for a wider spectrum of light to help with this early stage.

2 Likes

Roots! They’ve been busy! This was very exciting to see. I am glad I went with clear cups on the inside for almost all the seedlings. It really helps show whats going on in there. As for water I have only been giving a few squirts of distilled on the top of the soil a few times a day. This is evaporating quickly. However the soil still looks moist in the cups and the probe is saying moist. Also there is a slight amount of soil cling to the probe. I probably wont insert the probe again as I dont want to damage new root structure. From what I’ve read they are still taking in most of their moisture from the air at this point.

1 Like

so this is basically how all my cups are looking. I would say 1/4" to 1/2" dry top soil and the rest lightly moist. I’m worried about giving to much water at this stage. Any advice? Thanks

now ive got this going on with a few of the plants. Discoloration with the second set of leaves.

this is the one seedling I have with the burnt tips. You cant tell in the shity photo but the discoloration is actually a purplish color. Im also seeing some seedlings with red in the stems.
doing some research now. perhaps that clip on fan was hitting them a little hard? or to much humidity . not sure. perhaps that new root structure is pulling up more nutrients and storing them in the leaves.

Well. I broke out the scale (LB-50) tonight and filled a clear cup inside a red cup with straight out the bag potting soil which is a little moist to begin with. It weighed 232(g). Most of my sprouts weighed in at about 200-210 and a few heavier. I took this opportunity to make sure I logged in my brain how they felt as well. Ill probably give it another day and give them a little Phd water depending on how moist they look still.

I also took some time today to clean up the long ass driver cables and move some things around on my mounting board. Which I am considering completely redoing with a less flammable substance. Still looks a mess to me however. My cable management OCD is tingling.

5 Likes

Looking good, you got more stuff mounted on that bord than what I use to grow with…you have done some homework…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried to do as much research as I could before I even germinated a seed. About a month. The wife kept saying I was thinking to much about it. But realistically the learning curve is so huge it’s a process I imagine that takes years

4 Likes

It is what you make of it, and it’s addictive…:wink::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Well this is where we are today. The girls spent the night at 75F - 76Rh , 127w @18". I had the exhaust system set at 74Rh but it couldn’t keep up overnight Still trying to get that dialed in. I think I need to get a humidifier on an inkbird controller. Without any help for humidity the tent stays at about 58-60 Rh wondering if i even need it more humid. It’s incredibly humid outside right now and will be for months. It’s like getting smacked in the face with a wet towel every time one walks outside. Doesn’t help that I live in a canyon so to speak with a creek and swimming hole surrounded by tons of greenery 40ft from the back door.

I still haven’t watered them and getting a little antsy about it. I know they will let me know when they are thirsty and are probably get most of their water from the air still at this point. Last thing I want to do is over water them.

Im still seeing some condensation in the cups and they are clearly not dry all the way and have a little weight to them.

3 Likes

My 2c…move the light up…and give them a drink…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

:grimacing: I dunno I’d hate to give them water if they don’t really need it yet.

1 Like

Well I purchased these two items. Amazon.com
Amazon.com
My plan is to extend one of the sensor probes for my cloudline fans and then split it to both the intake and exhaust controller. That way I am only dealing with one temp and humidity reading. Now two that some times are off suddenly by a mark or two. Also the probe cord is about 4 feet short for where I would like to place them.

I read one review where someone tried to extend the probe sensor and it didnt work. However I believe that may be due to having the wrong jack type. The probe plug in is a 4 pole/conductor TRRS type conductor and not the standard headphone jack 2 or 3 pole.
Hopefully it works. Find out in a couple days.

Absolutely, don’t water when the soil is not dry. Worst thing you can do at this stage is over water - slows and stunts growth. Keeping soil moist is a sure recipe for disaster. If it’s not dry, don’t apply.

2 Likes

That was only my 2c worth, and I agree not to water when soil is wet…but if you going to keep a light at 127w @18" of those seedlings, something might go wrong if no moisture is present…:sunglasses::v:…peace out.

2 Likes