Goldleaf 6 weeks into flower with no bud, purple stems, and lime green foliage

As the title says. I’ve got a big ole baby not doing much and I’m wondering if it’s nute lock, mag deficiency…or an accidental photo?

• seed- ILGM Goldleaf Auto
  • Method: Purple Cow Indicanja Soil 0.8-0.8-0.8
  • Vessels: 5 gal smart pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Tap water-6.6 sometimes with CalMag (5mL/gal); Runoff 7.45 (<—my guess for nute lock)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Tap Water -230ppm; Runoff 1930<—I don’t use nutes because my soil is pretty dense. This is pretty high though
  • Indoor or Outdoor- Indoor 2x4 tent
  • Light system: Mars Hyrdo TSL2000 300W 15" above canopy
  • Temps; Day, Night: DAY AROUND 82F occasionally going as high as 90F until I catch it. I have 4 fans in the tent so I don’t understand. NIGHT: 63-68F
  • Humidity; Day, Night: Day 39%, Night 29%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes, 4" inline exhaust
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifier
  • Co2; Yes, No: No

Like I said, because of the stalled growth (it does grow pretty bushy and I’ve been defoliating, but no flower buds) I’d like the flush the hell out of it but I had some questions:

1. This is nute lockout, right?
  2. Once I flush (15 gallons right?), do I need to add any nutes back since I’d be washing away all the nutes from my nute-dense soil?
  3. Do I pH as I have been doing? Is there anything to change there?
  4. Is this plant a lost cause because it’s too late?

Any help would be greeatttlly appreciated!

1 Like

I’m seeing it showing sex. Pistals in several pics. I don’t believe the purple stems are a worry. Ya might try flushing with PH’d water to get your PH down.

2 Likes

Does your tap water have chlorine in it?
Mine is 6.6 out of the faucet…but one day later once the chlorine is gone its 8.4
If those pics are accurate it looks like a nitrogen deficiency. Could be from pH lockout.
Are you running 12/12 light schedule? Sometimes an auto can use a bump. But generally speaking they do what they want to do.

4 Likes

I’m in Chicago, so our tap water is pretty trash. Out of the faucet, it’s usually around pH7.1-7.4 and I pH down to normal range ~6.5-6.6. I usually leave the gallon jugs sitting open the day before watering to release some of that chlorine but I’ve honestly never retested the pH, only runoff.

I’m running an 18/6 schedule. I was thinking of flushing, then switching to a 12/12 for a bump to see if it helps.

After flushing, do I need to add nutes back considering the soil I’m using?

I wanted to mention that the leaves are kind of papery thin/weak and sometimes ole girl has limp leaves as if she’s been overwatered.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Yeah , as spiney mentioned cut light schedule to 12/12 an they should start flowering Within about 10 days. I have grown quite a few gold leaf I don’t think I’ve ever had one that didn’t have purple stems.

2 Likes

Let your tap water sit and air for a day, then PH and use.

2 Likes

Do I need to air out for a day with the 15 gal flush as well? Or can I flush with straight tap until the runoff pH is back to normal?

Thanks for the help. I should’ve spoken up about this earlier!

1 Like

If you choose to flush I would flush with pH water at 6.5

1 Like

Forgot to @TEGRITY @Spiney_norman @kellydans for my question above.

1 Like

@kellydans. Has ya on that one. 6.5

1 Like

Cal mag , some more nitrogen

@TEGRITY @Spiney_norman @Randy_Marsh @kellydans

So yesterday I attempted to do a full flush but ran out of ph down. I only managed to flush with 9 gallons at pH 6.5/1020ppm and then gave a 1/2 dose feeding of Bergman’s fertilizer. Unfortunately, I’m still experiencing gnarly pH runoff with a pH of 7.59 and runoff 1140 ppm. Should I wait for her to dry out and finish the flush? Just watch for now? Cal-mag?

Ok, I’m wondering what kind of testing meter are you using?
And if you run out of ph down, if you have in the kitchen, white distilled vinegar works well. I use it all the time. My tap is usually around 7.5, so I usually need about 7ml of vinegar to hit 6.5.

1 Like

What soil you using? Plant looks hungry.

@TEGRITY I’m using this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NCFK2FW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m going to recalibrate it today but I’m open to reccs for something a bit more dependable.

@Bluntsmoke I’m using Purple Cow Indicanja (0.8-0.8-0.8). It’s supposed to be pretty nutrient dense and only require watering.

https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Cow-IndiCanja-Organic-Living/dp/B07ZG172Z4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=H2V5WB0HQCMP&dchild=1&keywords=indicanja+soil&qid=1617377411&sprefix=indicanja%2Ctools%2C183&sr=8-5

1 Like

I’ve never dealt with ph that high. I grow in organic soil and as it decays it usually drives pH down. After Flushing 9 gallon and still reading where you started my first thoughts is pH meter not calibrated or giving you a false reading. I recommend spend 50 bucks and buy apera or blue lab quality pH meter. well worth the money. You can take a fresh bottle of 7 pH solution put your meter in it to verify , should read straight up 7 PH. also I would let my plant dry. Good luck

2 Likes

Apera PH20 is very dependable. Runs right at $50, but worth the upgrade! Probably the most recommended on this site.

2 Likes

Well then it’s depleted of nutes. I started organic on 2 photo plants and they made it to week 5 of flower before I had to feed synthetic nutes

1 Like

Disregard