Gold Rush with the new chiller. Still looking for 3lbs

Home Depot has the HD 27gal totes for about $10 bucks each

2 Likes

that is a bargain!

@peachfuzz I think you mentioned something about it before, but I can’t find it. If I get a setup sort of like yours for flower, 3 totes with 3 separate reservoirs, could I use my water chiller and use a wort chiller in each reservoir?
Inquiring minds want to know

I dont see why not… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I think @TDubWilly was just working on cooling multiple totes with a single chiller. Not really sure what he came up with though.

1 Like

I would just throw a 25’ or 50’ garden hose in each res and run freash clean water through chiller through garden hoses and back to chiller…
I would not run nutrients through your chiller…it would kill it … :wink:
@Grandaddy013

2 Likes

That’s sort of what I was talking about. Separate water for cooling system.
Next question, do you ever do monster crop, clones from flowering plants?

1 Like

I am running nutrients through chiller at the time being. Manufacturer said if you do, to flush it with clean water every 2 months.
P.S. this drunk fat chick sure eats a lot of wierd stuff

This was once a bud, it will make a nice bushy plant!

5 Likes

Ya , i take clones in all stages if i need them… I’ve taken clones as late as 8 weeks from light flip… with no issues … :wink:

3 Likes

Does it make bigger plants? I’m trying to figure out if I HAVE to keep mother plants for clones, or can just take them from flower room when needed

1 Like

It’s up to you… I just take them as I need them… I like to let them get going to see if some grow better then others… so I can take the best ones… I just really like to have alot of different strains so I have options when I medicate…
Different plants serve different purposes… :wink:
In rdwc they seem to grow really fast no matter what… sometimes it’s hard to keep up… taking clones after 3 weeks from light flip tends to take longer to root… I like to take them after 2 week of 12/12 because they just get the ball rolling really fast and that’s about the time I need to trim up the girls that are flowering , so it’s a win , win…

4 Likes

Recently started 30 clones. Only the strong survive. 8 made it thru and are in final homes Will be ready to repeat in a few weeks

3 Likes

@peachfuzz have you noticed the monster crops tend to be a little dainty stemmed as the re enter veg fully I got a shit load of shoots out of one little space but all soooooo thin I’m scared to pinch and bend… I did any way lol it worked

1 Like

Very good point that you bring up… young plants will stay healthier then older plants… but … I’ve seen some sick mothers… grow them out and see… clone ,clone, clone… :grin:

I am medicated… yup… pretty sure I’m medicated…

Yep medicated…
Lol :wink:

3 Likes

Medicate onnnn

I know I’m medicated I’m slamming some 711 brownies and burden whole Dutch chocolate milk

2 Likes

It was the other way around, each tote was going to have its own individual chiller

1 Like

But as I sit here and think about it I might give it a try, chillers are oh so expensive

2 Likes

I’m thinking (when I go perpetual) run wort chiller in each reservoir off my chiller. What do you think?:cowboy_hat_face: