Gold Leaf with brown-black molting on fan leaves what is it?

GOLD LEAF FEMINIZED
INDOOR
7 FEET TO CEILING- 12 FEET LONG/8 FEET WIDE
SOIL (Organic mix that I found on this site and made and used after 6 weeks of sitting half strength mixed with roots organic soil). I tested the soil prior to planting and all levels were adequate. The probe that I used only shows fertility. It does not differentiate between NPK. The reading was 3 which showed adequate.
PH 6.8-RO bottled water-not adding any nutrient mix at this point since the plant was planted two days ago.
Day Temperature:78, Night:75, Root Zone temp: 72
Humidity 52% DAY AND NIGHT
HPS:1,200. but this plant and my other baby plants are on 240 watt LED until I think they can handle the HPS
CO2 bag, fan blowing fresh air into area 24 hours, 6" CARBON AIR FILTER COMBO INLINE FAN EXHAUST inch SIX blower Odor Control
4 weeks since germinating.
2 out of 3 have what the pictures show. 1 is fine. Same soil and same environment. What is it?

That looks like Calcium also maybe Boron deficiency. also check for fruit fly’s Put a fly trap near your plants to catch them they land on your leaves and suck the juice out and inturn kills them

Also a quick fix to give your plant some much needed calcium till you can buy some cal-mag i recommend Ebay it’s cheaper, a quick fix for the mean time. Get a spray bottle and mix the spray bottle with 4/10ths Milk 6/10’s water and spray it all over your plant it will give it much needed protien fight disease and fungus and also give it calcium! :smiley:

It also combats White mildew! But make sure your plant has atleast 3 plus hours of sun light left before u spray her. The sun/ artificial light source mixes with the milk/water solution on the leafs and Forms a sort of antiseptic Kinda like Neosporin Naturally for the plant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just ordered the cal-mag from 1000 bulbs. Not a bad price. I have ordered from them before and the shipping is pretty fast. About this milk and water combination. Can I spray it during the first few hours of light or the last few hours of light? Right now they are getting 240 led (very bright but much cooler than the HPS lights. There are no bugs in the grow room. I have so many yellow sticky cards (not a bug on any of them) and Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) every where. I figured it was a micro-nutrient problem since ph, NKP, temp., humidity, etc. are good. Thank you. Let me know about the light. I would like to do it when I turn on my led and florescent lights which is at 4pm. What do you think?

I prepare my nutes the day before and let them bubble. I forgot to adjust the ph in the first four out of twelve gallons totall. When symptoms appeared this is what it looked like.

The ph was around 4.7

When I clued in I adjusted the rest and removed the runoff.

My plant doesn’t look like that. No black dots. I just read that it is probably a Boron deficiency. The cause could be that I stressed them during the transplant. 2 showed problems and 1 did not. I remember that I had trouble getting 2 out of their original pots and 1 just came right out. They are looking great now. Anyway, I ordered the cal-mag, General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit and Dyna-Gro DYFOL008 Foliage Pro to have on hand. It is always something! This is my first grow in 20 years and as I remember I did not have any problems. Or I just was too lax to check for every little problem. I also ordered IGM bug, mold and root protector. So how are your plants looking now?

Like you I grew twenty years ago. Now I have a medical card. :slight_smile: mine are looking great except for two of them. I have one right out of the room for flushing and I’m getting a 5.0 ph runoff. I knew she was acting weird. I tried to start a new topic but it’s not showing up unless you dig for it. Here is a pic I took last night. Only 18 days into flower.

. .

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is what your proble! Is …Potassium

Problems with Potassium being locked out by PH troubles
Soils with excessive Leeching and High ph soils and or water.Soils that are potassium fixated. An excess of kitchen salts (sodium) in the root system/enviroment.

Soil

Potassium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Potassium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-9.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Potassium deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Potassium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.
Potassium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.7-5.3, 6.7-8.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a potassium deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Potassium deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a potassium deficiency. Again Peters All Purpose plant food 20-20-20, will cure the potassium deficiency , Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food.( Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Some other supplements of potassium are: Wood ashes, which are fast absorption, Kelp Meal, which is medium absorption, Greensand, which is slow absorption, granite dust, which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia, Muriate of Potash, which are medium absorption. FOXFARM GROW BIG HYDROPONIC CONCENTRATE, which is fast absorption. (FFGB can bring your ph down as well) Earth Juice Meta-K, which is fast acting. (Can bring down your ph as well) Leaves will never recover, but the plant will show recovery after about 4 to 5 days when using a fast acting nutrient.

Note: Wood Ashes, can make your ph go up a bit, so please monitor your ph when using it.
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Hope to his helps

Will

3 Likes

Thank you so much, J

They look perfect!

Great info. Helps me understand my situation a bit better too.

Well that’s makes me feel good that the Information helped you to better understand.
Take care

Will